Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In my classes I've found it really hard to concentrate and i end up losing focus really quickly. I don't know why but randomly throughout the day (this happens alot) i start day dreaming? But its not like an every now and then day dream, its like i can control what its about? I know it sounds strange but its been going on for 2 years now, i feel like the day dreams are slowly taking over me, recently I've been losing alot of focus and interest in things, im starting to do bad in alot of the topics i was good at such as science. I always listen to music (straight after school i listen to music for 3/4 hours straight). I also have started crying randomly and i can feel the emotions the people in my day dreams can feel (even though theyre made up). For example say for instance in my daydream, if one of the characters are hurt then i will start crying and i feel like im more of the person in my day dream then i am in real life, its like im detaching myself from society and living in my own head, i even start muttering in my day dreams and making weird noises. I feel like when i listen to music it becomes easier for me to imagine that the people are real. I know some people are going to tell me to go to a a therapist but im scared to tell my parents (in my culture, mental health isnt a huge topic). Both my parents are depressed so im scared i will worry them also my mum just tells me its okay and i will be fine when i just keep getting worse. I dont feel like eating anymore and i stress over the smallest things. I really dont know what to do anymore.
Neil Phant
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speak to your Student Welfare team (it may go by another name but your uni will have one) and your Personal Tutor. Maybe also your GP - if you're away from home have you registered with one local to where you're staying?

Don't suffer in silence.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Neil Phant)
Speak to your Student Welfare team (it may go by another name but your uni will have one) and your Personal Tutor. Maybe also your GP - if you're away from home have you registered with one local to where you're staying?

Don't suffer in silence.
Im not in Uni, im in high school, we dont have one. Also like i stated in my post im too scared to speak to anyone.
denmegan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In my classes I've found it really hard to concentrate and i end up losing focus really quickly. I don't know why but randomly throughout the day (this happens alot) i start day dreaming? But its not like an every now and then day dream, its like i can control what its about? I know it sounds strange but its been going on for 2 years now, i feel like the day dreams are slowly taking over me, recently I've been losing alot of focus and interest in things, im starting to do bad in alot of the topics i was good at such as science. I always listen to music (straight after school i listen to music for 3/4 hours straight). I also have started crying randomly and i can feel the emotions the people in my day dreams can feel (even though theyre made up). For example say for instance in my daydream, if one of the characters are hurt then i will start crying and i feel like im more of the person in my day dream then i am in real life, its like im detaching myself from society and living in my own head, i even start muttering in my day dreams and making weird noises. I feel like when i listen to music it becomes easier for me to imagine that the people are real. I know some people are going to tell me to go to a a therapist but im scared to tell my parents (in my culture, mental health isnt a huge topic). Both my parents are depressed so im scared i will worry them also my mum just tells me its okay and i will be fine when i just keep getting worse. I dont feel like eating anymore and i stress over the smallest things. I really dont know what to do anymore.
Hey there.

Perhaps you are day dreaming to combat loneliness/pain of feeling low? The one thing I have learned about mental health is you need to speak up. Your mental health is as important as anybody else’s!

Have you heard of mindfulness? Every night or even during the day when you have time, google meditation on YouTube by Michael Sealy, any will do. That helps me settle my mind. Again I can’t emphasise this enough, I know you’re scared but speak up! Go visit a doctor alone for the first time if you don’t feel comfortable speaking to your parents. Just remember; you’re not alone.
Last edited by denmegan; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads