Attendance and assignment, will it effect it?

Watch
The cupcake
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does our attendance affect our assignments grades, can it bring it down?

I go Coventry University and was wondering if they bring down your grade because of attendance
Indiasophie98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the type of course you're doing. I'm at Nottingham Trent studying a degree in Forensic Science and because a lot of my coursework is practical based, you do get marked down if you don't turn up to laboratory/practical sessions but I'm not sure how it works with non-science related courses.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey.

As above, really. You can potentially be marked down for poor attendance (if they attribute it to your level of work).
The system I personally go by, is going to every lecture and seminar for each new year and module, and seeing how they act. Do they just read from slides? Or do they provide other, external information?

Then I decide which I need to actively go to, and which I can take days off and catch up by reading the slide.

Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads