I have anxiety. I feel guilty after what I did.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I have anxiety and I know that is no excuse for being rude to anyone.
The only person who knows my truth about my sexuality and my internalised homophobia and how much thinking and worry about my sexuality causes me a great deal of distress and even leads to me wishing I was not here at least 3 to 4 times a week.

She is on holiday I think and she has not been able to reply to my messages which is understandable... and I a couple of days ago left a message about how I feel and how my family argued with me and told me why I'm not in a relationship and I told her how I have always dreamt of marrying a woman yet little did I know that reality would be completely different.
I told her how she is lucky to have the life she wants.

I got not reply (like I said she would have been busy) and I ended up today saying to her
'Or you can just ignore me like usual- let it go through one ear and out of the other, it's not like you are finding it hard to accept your sexuality, you were accepted. I'm the one fighting this war. I'm the one suffering, I'm the one contemplating not been here, why should you care lol.'

Ever since I sent that I feel sick and so upset
She is going to end up seeing it and hate me
Anonymous #1
bump
Anonymous #1
I am not sure of what to do. Whether I should message her again with an apology. I'm not sure.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I've been on the receiving end of similar messages (but a completely different context) and I think your friend would probably appreciate an explanation and apology. You could tell her how you've been feeling overwhelmed (at least that's what I gather from what you've said) and you realize it wasn't fair of you to lash out like that. It can be hard, but communication is key. Hope that helps somewhat.
Anonymous #1
Thank you I will try this

Hoping it works
Anonymous #1
Any other opinions on what I should do!

Thanks xx
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks xx
Consider what the options would be:
1. Leave it, and say nothing. Then you'd feel bad, and your friends feelings are potentially hurt.
2. Address the issue, communicate and explain what happened. Then you'd hopefully feel more relieved, and your friend can see things from your perspective.

Is there anything else you could do really? Maybe talk to someone else in real life, but tbh its best to be honest with your friend, and communicate your thoughts to her. You could literally rewrite the post at the top in a way that would make sense to send to her.
KawaiiArtist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks xx
Did you message her like the other poster suggested?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (184)
15.36%
Uncertainty around my education (196)
16.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (117)
9.77%
Isolating with family (84)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (46)
3.84%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (101)
8.43%
Loneliness (116)
9.68%
Financial worries (52)
4.34%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.43%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (103)
8.6%

Watched Threads