SophieRowy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I've just got a few offers on UCAS from Manchester and Bristol and I'm not quite certain on whether I should choose to study pure economics L100 or economics and finance LN13. In the future, I'm looking to work in Investment Banking so I was wondering which degree would suit this best.

Thank you in advance 😊
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe look at the degree and see what modules intrigue you the most. However I dont know which one would suit that type of work the best
JGoosey2002
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably whichever is at Bristol. I read somewhere about them both being ‘semi-targets’ but Bristol is slightly more targeted. I don’t think it will make a huge difference. Although Bristol is meant to be really maths heavy if that’s something you want/ want to avoid
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SophieRowy)
Hi, I've just got a few offers on UCAS from Manchester and Bristol and I'm not quite certain on whether I should choose to study pure economics L100 or economics and finance LN13. In the future, I'm looking to work in Investment Banking so I was wondering which degree would suit this best.

Thank you in advance 😊
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics.

Here at Lancaster the course is basically broken down into 50% Finance & Economics modules with 50% Economics modules.

As a student who is also hoping to go in to the corporate banking / investment banking world, I find that my degree is really helpful. I think both elements of my degree compliment each other well and help me to gain a better overall view of the economy. One of my modules in particular "Introduction To Asset Pricing" goes into detail about putting together investment portfolios.

I have about 14hrs of contact hrs a week, this being made up of lectures, drop-ins and workshops/tutorials. I would highly recommend my degree!

If you have any other questions about the degree or would like to know more about Lancaster University let me know!

Charlie
SophieRowy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Maybe look at the degree and see what modules intrigue you the most. However I dont know which one would suit that type of work the best
(Original post by JGoosey2002)
Probably whichever is at Bristol. I read somewhere about them both being ‘semi-targets’ but Bristol is slightly more targeted. I don’t think it will make a huge difference. Although Bristol is meant to be really maths heavy if that’s something you want/ want to avoid
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics.

Here at Lancaster the course is basically broken down into 50% Finance & Economics modules with 50% Economics modules.

As a student who is also hoping to go in to the corporate banking / investment banking world, I find that my degree is really helpful. I think both elements of my degree compliment each other well and help me to gain a better overall view of the economy. One of my modules in particular "Introduction To Asset Pricing" goes into detail about putting together investment portfolios.

I have about 14hrs of contact hrs a week, this being made up of lectures, drop-ins and workshops/tutorials. I would highly recommend my degree!

If you have any other questions about the degree or would like to know more about Lancaster University let me know!

Charlie
Thank you so much for your replies everyone .

After reading through all of them, it seems like I will definitely be firming Bristol to study Economics and finance. I looked into the “Semi target” thing and yeah, Bristol seems to be in the top 10 unlike Manchester.

Thanks Charlie as well in helping me decide, great to talk to someone else who is also doing the same degree and enjoying it, which also helped me come to a decision.

- Sophie
JGoosey2002
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

After reading through all of them, it seems like I will definitely be firming Bristol to study Economics and finance. I looked into the “Semi target” thing and yeah, Bristol seems to be in the top 10 unlike Manchester.

Thanks Charlie as well in helping me decide, great to talk to someone else who is also doing the same degree and enjoying it, which also helped me come to a decision.

- Sophie
Hopefully see you there
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

- Sophie
Sophie!

So glad I was able to help you with your decision!

Charlie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (7)
70%
No (1)
10%
Not sure (2)
20%

Watched Threads