The Student Room Group

being generally disliked at my highschool

i am generally disliked at my highschool. so i joined my new highschool in september 2019 as i also moved countries. I started off okay-ish, but then as time went by people started making fun of the way i acted (very britishly), my acne, my hair (i have fluffly, long hair most of the time), the way i speak (so i dont swear in school, im not vocal about my sexual feelings (bc im closeted) so its almost as if a fake hetero/asexuality stuck to me) and my muscle and fat ratio (or the lack of muscle and big fat ratio). I kinda turned a blind eye to this but since xmas it has really affected me (as i now dont feel confident in anything i do) and a lot of (majority) people often tell me (or indirectly tell me aswell) i speak like a 7y old and that they feel bad for me (like in a bad, shameful way) and also telling me i stink to the point of nobody ever hugging me or borrowing me anything.

I’d like to report this to my school however i really dont know what they can do for me at this point. There isnt a ‘core’ person that started this and they cant just not tell everyone off and just expect for it to all go normal for me again, aswell, theres the issue that i do deserve to have friends in my classroom (where a lot of this goes on - n have 0 friends in), if i get a bad reputation there (more than the one i have) it will go backwards for my growth! (Btw in my country its hard to change classes - u need a lot of paperwork). But the biggest issue here is safety: there is a lot of kids who’d perfectly beat people up if someone (me) ‘told on their mates’ and this is one of the main reasons i never stand for myself at the people who hurt me emotionally

On a positive note ive met a group of 4-5 people who are literal angels to me, i love them so much and are a lot less b1tch7 than my last group (whom are considered the popular people - somewhat got hurt with these but im also dumb bc at times i want to go back w them and its an issue)

I’d just love for this all to get fixed and be seen as a decent person at my school whom has a good reputation, with a decent amount of friends and be someone w boundaries that are respected and to be respected myself. Just like everyone else wants.

I am writing this post to get this off my chest but more so to get help, what can i do about this people!!
Keep your head up man and make friends with the people that are nice to you. I would also suggest picking up a hobby and starting to go to the gym. To be honest, just ignore what they say about you and if they heavily disrespect you then disrespect them back with words to show your ground. In life it about how much you can take problems and keep moving forward.
Original post by SomaliPirate123
Keep your head up man and make friends with the people that are nice to you. I would also suggest picking up a hobby and starting to go to the gym. To be honest, just ignore what they say about you and if they heavily disrespect you then disrespect them back with words to show your ground. In life it about how much you can take problems and keep moving forward.

thanks for that! The only thing is i dont really know how to transition from my soft self into someone with a dignity (if that makes sense) like, wont people backlash me? Is there any ways of doing it gradually or is it better to make a night and day thing
Damn im sorry for this horrendously late reply, um tbh i was bad at transition as well to be honest.The best thing to do is to "fake it till you make it".Think about what someone that doesnt recieve what you get would do.Also I wouldnt say your soft, everyone has insecurities and tbh they are probably trying to project there *****y insecurities to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending