.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For science I just watched and made notes on freesciencelessons videos. He covers everything you need to know and I ended up getting 9s in sciences
Snek_Lady
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure if it would help but I've found Seneca good for most kinds of revision
anonymous274
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by .unknown)
For science I just watched and made notes on freesciencelessons videos. He covers everything you need to know and I ended up getting 9s in sciences
I try to do that too but only on the factual stuff, like practicals. I genuinely don't understand chemistry so freesciencelessons is still too complicated for me I'll probably have to find the videos where he starts at the basics. What did you get in your science mocks?
anonymous274
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snek_Lady)
Not sure if it would help but I've found Seneca good for most kinds of revision
Yeah, I've heard about Seneca. I've never tried it before though
abbie_laurenx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In my GCSE mocks, I got a 4 for Science and an 8 in the real thing. I used freesciencelessons.com and the AQA GCSE revision guide was like my bible. I made flashcards from it and just practiced practiced practiced! I also did practice papers nearer the time. Good luck!
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous274)
I try to do that too but only on the factual stuff, like practicals. I genuinely don't understand chemistry so freesciencelessons is still too complicated for me I'll probably have to find the videos where he starts at the basics. What did you get in your science mocks?
In my mocks I got 9s as well because I did enjoy learning science so I always worked hard for it but in year 8 I was rubbish at it I used to get 5s
anonymous274
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbie_laurenx)
In my GCSE mocks, I got a 4 for Science and an 8 in the real thing. I used freesciencelessons.com and the AQA GCSE revision guide was like my bible. I made flashcards from it and just practiced practiced practiced! I also did practice papers nearer the time. Good luck!
That's really reassuring - when did you start revising and how often? It's difficult to balance all of my subjects in terms of revision, when I prioritise one I start failing the other
anonymous274
Rep:
?
In my mocks I got 9s as well because I did enjoy learning science so I always worked hard for it but in year 8 I was rubbish at it I used to get 5s
I've always been bad at science. But I do think once you stop thinking a subject is hard it becomes a lot less difficult.
TakeALittleWalk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly what I'm doing rn lmaooo
TakeALittleWalk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TakeALittleWalk)
Exactly what I'm doing rn lmaooo
If you could dm me some specific advice for subjects like History (I'm edexcel) and English (edexcel too) that'd be sick but like if not idrm
abbie_laurenx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's really reassuring - when did you start revising and how often? It's difficult to balance all of my subjects in terms of revision, when I prioritise one I start failing the other
I didn’t finish my flashcards until March so I only started properly revising then, if you make a revision timetable, it will help you to balance everything. I know exactly what you mean, I used to struggle with that too do revision plans really worked for me personally.
anonymous274
Rep:
?
I didn’t finish my flashcards until March so I only started properly revising then, if you make a revision timetable, it will help you to balance everything. I know exactly what you mean, I used to struggle with that too do revision plans really worked for me personally.
How exactly did you make your flash cards? (How to test for cations, precipitate colours, etc.)

I'm just not sure how to do them if that makes sense.
abbie_laurenx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How exactly did you make your flash cards? (How to test for cations, precipitate colours, etc.)

I'm just not sure how to do them if that makes sense.
Which exam board are you with? I can send the link to the flashcards I made so you can see how I did them if you’d like?
anonymous274
Rep:
?
Which exam board are you with? I can send the link to the flashcards I made so you can see how I did them if you’d like?
Edexcel for Chemistry and AQA for Biology. That would be really useful, thanks!! I was assuming you made physical flash cards
Zoe Pearson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A revision timetable is really helping me balance my revision. Lucas Mockeridge on YouTube has a good video on how to make one. Good luck
TheRealJammi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The adapt app might be good? I find it useful to structure revision plans.
anonymous274
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheRealJammi)
The adapt app might be good? I find it useful to structure revision plans.
I just downloaded it - it’s really good so far but slightly confusing - hopefully it helps with the procrastination issue. I think I just need the motivation to work now!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads