Being told you cant do something

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When somebody tells you that you cant do something it can really **** you up.

Ive been told I couldnt do basically at school in y10 you did work experiace so youd go to a workplace that you choose so it was good and I worked at a car garage as mechanic and I really enjoyed it. Since around then I decided I wanted to get an aprentiship for that company when I leave school after y11 because they did them. I was so convinced ill get them. They had gcses grades that you had to acheive to get on the aprentiship but I was convinced Ill pass my gcses then get on the aprentiship. A few months into year 11 the teacher told me that realistically Im not got going to make it and that upset me. The thing is the teacher was right, I didnt make it and now Im 18 still on this **** college course that makes me depressed.

I just wanted to come on here to get some advice or thoughts
Hannah055
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should never listen to people who tell you you can't do something, and at times like this are really when you take the challenge and prove 'em wrong. So what course are you doing? And is there something else that you wanna do? Hope it works out for you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hannah055)
You should never listen to people who tell you you can't do something, and at times like this are really when you take the challenge and prove 'em wrong. So what course are you doing? And is there something else that you wanna do? Hope it works out for you!
I would want to do an aprentiship. Im doing a maths and english course retaking my gcses
Hannah055
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay. You can do it seriously. Motivate yourself it will help you keep your goal. If you don't mind me asking is it your second year retaking them? or..?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do it twice and take pictures just to prove em wrong

There is always a way!

I have been like this all my life, it has served me well
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doesn’t make you a failure. Yes it’s taking you longer to achieve your dreams but that’s not what success is determined by. Smash your retakes with the mentality that you believe in yourself and you will flourish.
Anonymous #1
Okay. You can do it seriously. Motivate yourself it will help you keep your goal. If you don't mind me asking is it your second year retaking them? or..?
It is my 2nd year, Ive been at this college for 2 years nearly and its making me depressed
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
Doesn’t make you a failure. Yes it’s taking you longer to achieve your dreams but that’s not what success is determined by. Smash your retakes with the mentality that you believe in yourself and you will flourish.
I just dont know if I can smash my retakes
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just dont know if I can smash my retakes
You can if you work really hard. Good things happen when you work for it. Try your best
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
You can if you work really hard. Good things happen when you work for it. Try your best
I just would like to become a full time youtuber
Hannah055
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is my 2nd year, Ive been at this college for 2 years nearly and its making me depressed
Get someone to help you! YouTube has a lot of study vlogs they always motivate me to study. For maths i can recommend Hegarty maths vids try on YouTube and English has a lot of too. Try buying the maths textbook might help. Don't give up okay?
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just would like to become a full time youtuber
You can still do that but you should also focus on your education.
Anonymous #1
Get someone to help you! YouTube has a lot of study vlogs they always motivate me to study. For maths i can recommend Hegarty maths vids try on YouTube and English has a lot of too. Try buying the maths textbook might help. Don't give up okay?
I tried so hard when I was at school to pass maths and english. I went to after school study clubs for 45 mins and before school club for 30 mins but nope failed, didnt get the right grades for my aprentiship 😔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (38)
48.72%
No, they should still go ahead (17)
21.79%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (23)
29.49%

Watched Threads