The Student Room Group

Is this relationship worth it?

Asking clearly. I ve asked before but didnt get much responses.

In case you were dating a Jewish guy/girl whose family from their father's side is from Israel, would you support people who are friends with people who have made statements like Israel should be bombed or destroyed entirely?
Would you not bother about antisemitism? Or at least show support for campaigns like fight against antisemitism?
Would you not show much interest in their religion or where they work?

I'm in a weird situation right now and I dont know if this girl loves me. I'm with her since February 2019 and we began with sexual stuff.
The sex is great but there are some major issues that I ve noted all along.
I pretend like I dont associate from Israel but she has attended rallies where there were literally antisemitic language and flags of Israel were thrown, stamped.
She supports people who are incredibly antisemitic and will refuse to acknowledge even one fact even if you present a mountain of evidence, she will refuse to believe it.

Shes very active on social media like Facebook and she has so many likes related to everything SHE likes. She has NO likes related to pages fighting against antisemitism, no likes to the pages of the places I ve worked etc.
However, a friend made a band page which he sings in and it was quickly liked. Other friends hosted pairings, recitals and trade union pages and she has liked all of them.

She never looks at me as if shes in love. She LOVES sex though.
It's always like she just walks around and I follow her.
Or she goes off to do her own thing with her friends or the things shes interested in, while I either do mine or I'm at home.
Even when we are together, I think we lack a genuine connection if I'm being honest.

What do you say? I'm 24 shes 22.

Scroll to see replies

If they were serious when they said those things or attended antisemitic rallies, I wouldn't be friends with them. If they were joking and have that dark humour to them, I would want them to reduce the number of jokes they make or at least not say it in front of me or my boyfriend. If I was committed to this relationship, then yes I would learn as much as I can about their religion and culture.

Oof I would not date a girl like that... maybe make it friends with benefits relationship if you wanna keep the sex because like you said you dont know if she loves you and you guys might benefit from that more than a proper relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
If they were serious when they said those things or attended antisemitic rallies, I wouldn't be friends with them. If they were joking and have that dark humour to them, I would want them to reduce the number of jokes they make or at least not say it in front of me or my boyfriend. If I was committed to this relationship, then yes I would learn as much as I can about their religion and culture.

Oof I would not date a girl like that... maybe make it friends with benefits relationship if you wanna keep the sex because like you said you dont know if she loves you and you guys might benefit from that more than a proper relationship.

No it wasnt dark humor or joking. It was legitimate joining demonstrations where there were foul abusive language used and was actively supporting the demonstration of hating one country.

There are several pages on facebook which are dedicated to raising awareness to antisemitism and campaigning for it but she hasn't liked them. I worked at a volunteer service and didnt like their page either.
My mom looked it up and liked it. But she couldn't.
Same thing with other things. But with other friends activities or likes, she will instantly look it up and like it.
Yeah, I realise that after I read your second paragraph but the first paragraph was responding to those questions.
Reply 4
Yeah, I realise that after I read your second paragraph but the first paragraph was responding to those questions.

Also the place where I worked have uploaded pictures on their facebook page and I'm in a few pictures . I have sent those photos to her and she was like yay great work or would simply see them. Based on that, I thought she would like their Facebook page and their pictures. My mom did it. But she never did. Now I dont work for them but i did notice that.
What do you think on this situation?
Reply 5
I wouldn't have any interest in associating with active extremists, and she sounds like one, so to me it wouldn't be worth it.
I really dont think anything sorry
Reply 7
I really dont think anything sorry

But why not :frown: your opinion will help
Reply 8
Original post by Neilos
I wouldn't have any interest in associating with active extremists, and she sounds like one, so to me it wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah she is an extremist. Shes always associating herself with trade union members or leaders, when taking pictures with the trade union in charge, she will grab his arm and take photos and shes always at every protest around the city , playing the drums
Because I do not understand what you are saying in that post I'm sorry :frown:. But she's not worth it, if she makes you feel like this, and if you look at my second part of my first post, you could potentially do this instead.
Because I do not understand what you are saying in that post I'm sorry :frown:. But she's not worth it, if she makes you feel like this, and if you look at my second part of my first post, you could potentially do this instead.

I mean I'm saying is our relationship worth it according to you :frown:
Personally, I dont think its worth it, due to my beliefs, your attitude to her antisemitism and her feelings for you as well
Personally, I dont think its worth it, due to my beliefs, your attitude to her antisemitism and her feelings for you as well

Okay thanks :frown:
Is anyone else happy to provide opinions??
No.
As I told you the last few times you asked this question, I don't understand why you would even enter or continue in any close relationship with such a vicious racist.
Never mind having sex with her.

I walked out on a jew hating racist from SWP when I was 16 because I was fed up of his vitriolic race hate ranting and conspiracy theories.
I do not have any jewish ancestry.
My friend didn't mind his vicious nonsense and married him two years later.
He wanted a family, she wanted his house and monthly paycheck/investments & pension pot.
Their five year old daughter does not go to school, has been taught all about "the holohoax" and has memorised large extracts of protocols of the elders of zion.
Her father has told her that "jews are cannibals that murder children" and not to talk to strangers because they might sell her to the jews.
Do you want your future children to be taught race hate against jewish people?
Big risk of this happening, unless you stop dating vicious individuals and steer clear of all noisy troublemakers with an appetite for jew hate racism.
Not going to end well. She sounds like an extremist. She wants to have fun and I think you are a little more serious. Jog on in my opinion
Reply 17
She sounds like a right piece of work to me. judging by the tone and words you have used in your post, it sounds like in your heart of hearts, you know the deal here. A relationship should not be one sided and that's exactly what it sounds like. and add the antisemitism on top, I'd be avoiding her like the plague tbh. She doesn't sound like a particularly nice person imho.

OP,. I'm sure you can do way better than her.
Original post by londonmyst
No.
As I told you the last few times you asked this question, I don't understand why you would even enter or continue in any close relationship with such a vicious racist.
Never mind having sex with her.

I walked out on a jew hating racist from SWP when I was 16 because I was fed up of his vitriolic race hate ranting and conspiracy theories.
I do not have any jewish ancestry.
My friend didn't mind his vicious nonsense and married him two years later.
He wanted a family, she wanted his house and monthly paycheck/investments & pension pot.
Their five year old daughter does not go to school, has been taught all about "the holohoax" and has memorised large extracts of protocols of the elders of zion.
Her father has told her that "jews are cannibals that murder children" and not to talk to strangers because they might sell her to the jews.
Do you want your future children to be taught race hate against jewish people?
Big risk of this happening, unless you stop dating vicious individuals and steer clear of all noisy troublemakers with an appetite for jew hate racism.

Thanks a lot.

Very informative. Also what do you think about those facebook likes? Like I mentioned, my workplace uploaded pics in which I was there. My mom looked it up and liked the page and the pics I was in. This one didnt.
Original post by Free81
She sounds like a right piece of work to me. judging by the tone and words you have used in your post, it sounds like in your heart of hearts, you know the deal here. A relationship should not be one sided and that's exactly what it sounds like. and add the antisemitism on top, I'd be avoiding her like the plague tbh. She doesn't sound like a particularly nice person imho.

OP,. I'm sure you can do way better than her.

She claims shes not antisemitic but her favourites are all those who are openly antisemitic.

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she is an extremist. Shes always associating herself with trade union members or leaders, when taking pictures with the trade union in charge, she will grab his arm and take photos and shes always at every protest around the city , playing the drums

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending