The Student Room Group

Is it too late to revise for GCSE'S?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by b1nary
can you please send me yours by email?
i’ll PM you if you do want to :smile:)

pm me pls :smile:
I didn't get anything below a 7 and i revised the night before for my exams, some none at all.
I think the method is more important than how long you do it for
Reply 22
I would use this time to consolidate all your notes and revision material such as flashcards and make sure you have a basic understand of all topics and if there is anything you really don't get focus on mastering that. If you start revising and constantly testing yourself now you will wear yourself out and get to used to each set of notes and flashcards so much so you will begin to skim over them with not much actually going in. I achieved all 8's and 9's in my gcses except for english :frown: and i would honestly advise practice papers and workbooks, for example science with hazel downloadable science ones. To keep doing practice questions after each topic. I can promise you no matter how much you do it will never feel like it is enough because there is always someone claiming they are doing it more, but I assure you it is enough. I didn't properly start until much nearer the time in regards to remembering the specific facts as i have a good short term memory but i used this time to prepare myself to make sure i had a general basic understanding of everything especially history, like a basic knowing of the story and then practice the details a lot nearer the time. But yeah I used easter for most of mine but also enjoy yourself.
thats already loads dont worry. i havent even started properly for my a levels yet
Original post by Huckipity.
Speaking as someone who achieved almost all 7s,8s and 9s I'd go as far to say that it's relatively early to start revising judging off when me and my other friends started revising. Obviously it really depends on what level you're at now in your subjects to determine how much work you need to put in, but it's never too late to make a difference to your final grade. I'd say doing 2 hours of solid revision everyday starting from now is a good plan, and maybe up it to 3 or 4 as it gets closer to exam season. You really don't need to be doing loads at the moment. Just ensure you understand everything in lessons so that when it comes to revising you're simply just re-learning the content, and not coming across things for the first time! That's just my advice, but I mean I didn't do amazingly compared to other people on here.

What do you do if you haven’t made any sort of revision materials? Should you make revision materials now or is it too late? How would you suggest I approach my revision
I'm a struggling student. I average grade 4/5, but I want those 6/7. My memory isn't that good. I revise a lot, like 2/3 hours on past papers and notes etc.. and get off with a grade 4/5. What can I do to improve?
Reply 26
Original post by thatengineerguy
I'm a struggling student. I average grade 4/5, but I want those 6/7. My memory isn't that good. I revise a lot, like 2/3 hours on past papers and notes etc.. and get off with a grade 4/5. What can I do to improve?

Think about how effective your revision techniques are and possibly try changing them up. I watched videos and made notes on each subject. I did a practice paper or 2 circled the topics i didnt do as well in watched a video regarding that topic and then re did the questions. Science - science with hazel. Maths - corbett maths Geography and history - general youtube videos and i used the exam board revision WORKBOOKS. I also went on quizlet and used other people pre made flashcards. Then my biggest help is a website called seneca.
Reply 27
Original post by Arshdeep123
What do you do if you haven’t made any sort of revision materials? Should you make revision materials now or is it too late? How would you suggest I approach my revision

I wouldn't focus now on making too many i would make more brief notes as you go now instead of spending hours making detailed notes.

Use quizlet and search for pre-made flashcards on your topic.
Maths - used corbett maths
Science - science with hazel
Geography and history - quizlets and youtube videos, revision workbooks
Languages - quizlet, and if your school has a this is language use it or see if you can get some one elses account

and overall USE SENECA it is so helpful.
how do u get grade 9s in science and english

Quick Reply

Latest