yash Kainth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering if anyone could give me some grade 9 analysis of the poems as don’t think that Mr Bruff or Mr salles have the best analysis for the poems
veneti54
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which anthology? I can send some of my own analysis but much of it was inspired by the analysis that you can find on genius.com ! Got a 9 and I really think the genius poem annotations helped in getting that
yash Kainth
Rep:
?
Thank you so much - genius.com looks amazing - definitely start using that from now on: I have an awful English teacher so again thank you for the recommendation!
yash Kainth
Rep:
?
I sorry please may I have that analysis, it would be ever so helpful!
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Their analysis is great, especially Mr Salles and Stacey Reay is equally great for grade 9 analysis
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by m2b)
Their analysis is great, especially Mr Salles and Stacey Reay is equally great for grade 9 analysis
Doesn't the examiner want to hear your reaction, interpretation and analysis of it, not someone whose regurgitated opinions they've already read a million times before?
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Doesn't the examiner want to hear your reaction, interpretation and analysis of it, not someone whose regurgitated opinions they've already read a million times before?
Exactly, that’s what distinguishes ‘critical’ from ‘thoughtful’. The aim of the videos is to gear students in the right direction to think of original ideas, in year 11 those videos were good and additionally helped me to think more perceptively about the texts and how I responded to them. Which is why I recommend these videos as they’re great starting points for students becoming confident in looking at exemplar analysis and voicing their own equally insightful and personal readings
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by m2b)
Exactly, that’s what distinguishes ‘critical’ from ‘thoughtful’. The aim of the videos is to gear students in the right direction to think of original ideas, in year 11 those videos were good and additionally helped me to think more perceptively about the texts and how I responded to them. Which is why I recommend these videos as they’re great starting points for students becoming confident in looking at exemplar analysis and voicing their own equally insightful and personal readings
That sounds very sensible.
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
PROSM.
(Original post by m2b)
Thank goodness! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought this.
yash Kainth
Rep:
?
Yes I totally agree. What I like to do though is copy some of their analysis and then extend on it adding the alternative interpretation to be mine. English I really struggle with but my teachers think that I will get 9s
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yash Kainth)
Yes I totally agree. What I like to do though is copy some of their analysis and then extend on it adding the alternative interpretation to be mine. English I really struggle with but my teachers think that I will get 9s
Well, I got above 95% marks in English literature, and I wasn't even considered that good for quite a while. So, don't get too concerned about it.

I don't think that revision method is a recipe for success though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads