The Student Room Group

AQA poetry analysis

I was wondering if anyone could give me some grade 9 analysis of the poems as don’t think that Mr Bruff or Mr salles have the best analysis for the poems
Which anthology? I can send some of my own analysis but much of it was inspired by the analysis that you can find on genius.com ! Got a 9 and I really think the genius poem annotations helped in getting that
Reply 2
Thank you so much - genius.com looks amazing - definitely start using that from now on: I have an awful English teacher so again thank you for the recommendation!
Reply 3
I sorry please may I have that analysis, it would be ever so helpful!
Reply 4
Their analysis is great, especially Mr Salles and Stacey Reay is equally great for grade 9 analysis
Original post by m2b
Their analysis is great, especially Mr Salles and Stacey Reay is equally great for grade 9 analysis

Doesn't the examiner want to hear your reaction, interpretation and analysis of it, not someone whose regurgitated opinions they've already read a million times before?
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
Doesn't the examiner want to hear your reaction, interpretation and analysis of it, not someone whose regurgitated opinions they've already read a million times before?

Exactly, that’s what distinguishes ‘critical’ from ‘thoughtful’. The aim of the videos is to gear students in the right direction to think of original ideas, in year 11 those videos were good and additionally helped me to think more perceptively about the texts and how I responded to them. Which is why I recommend these videos as they’re great starting points for students becoming confident in looking at exemplar analysis and voicing their own equally insightful and personal readings
Original post by m2b
Exactly, that’s what distinguishes ‘critical’ from ‘thoughtful’. The aim of the videos is to gear students in the right direction to think of original ideas, in year 11 those videos were good and additionally helped me to think more perceptively about the texts and how I responded to them. Which is why I recommend these videos as they’re great starting points for students becoming confident in looking at exemplar analysis and voicing their own equally insightful and personal readings

That sounds very sensible. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check

PROSM.
Original post by m2b

Thank goodness! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought this.
Reply 9
Yes I totally agree. What I like to do though is copy some of their analysis and then extend on it adding the alternative interpretation to be mine. English I really struggle with but my teachers think that I will get 9s
Original post by yash Kainth
Yes I totally agree. What I like to do though is copy some of their analysis and then extend on it adding the alternative interpretation to be mine. English I really struggle with but my teachers think that I will get 9s

Well, I got above 95% marks in English literature, and I wasn't even considered that good for quite a while. So, don't get too concerned about it.

I don't think that revision method is a recipe for success though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending