How to know if ur ready for Masters?

Watch
leopard202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I graduated 6 months ago, decided I need some time to wind down not go straight into Masters (even tho i got accepted for a course i no longer think is right). But now still feel hesitant as I'm not 100% on which course to go for, but having no luck with work/knowing exactly what i want to do, and all positions im drawn to require an MA and im not qualified yet. Now is the time to apply but i don't feel in the right headspace to go straight into academic environment, apply for loans etc. But eventually I have always wanted to do at least a Masters.

How can you tell if you're ready or whether you need to give it an other year? I'm in early 20s, but so many people around me this age have already done their masters and it makes me feel bad.
amber11m
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think that you should go for a masters that is of interest to you or that you think will help you career-wise. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do your undergrad in? How has your job search been so far?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hard question. I just wanted to do it, so I did it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed