Lhd55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ugh! I’m choosing my options this month, and I have an idea of the career route I want to take. I want to work with animals. I’m a very academic girl, and have targets of at least a C, predicted around an A/A* in most subjects, so I’m aiming more at higher paid jobs and high qualifications. I get quesy around blood, so a vet is out of the question, however I can deal with watching hunting happen and that sort of stuff. I want to be a zoologist, but my teacher said it wasn’t very academic. Do you guys have any ideas what animal career I can go into? What options should I take for it ? What is the pay?

Thanks x
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lhd55)
Ugh! I’m choosing my options this month, and I have an idea of the career route I want to take. I want to work with animals. I’m a very academic girl, and have targets of at least a C, predicted around an A/A* in most subjects, so I’m aiming more at higher paid jobs and high qualifications. I get quesy around blood, so a vet is out of the question, however I can deal with watching hunting happen and that sort of stuff. I want to be a zoologist, but my teacher said it wasn’t very academic. Do you guys have any ideas what animal career I can go into? What options should I take for it ? What is the pay?

Thanks x
I'm not sure what your teacher was talking about, as Zoologist is the name of the University department, the degree programme, the professional role etc for 'animals' that's not being a vet! I suggest you ignore them. If you don't want to be a vet and you want to work with animals, then getting a degree in zoology is the first step to pretty much everything - zoo keeper, conservationist, wildlife researcher, etc

There's no single pay scale. Generally, anything that people do because it's a passion, like working with animals, acting, working in museums etc are quite poorly paid, because money isn't the motivation and someone will always do it for less money, because they love it so much. So it's not massively well paid especially early on in a career, but a professor of Zoology is paid the same as a Professor of English or History or Physics etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads