I'm 16 and never had a bf...

Watch
anxiouslassie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm turning 16 in may and have never had a bf. it's kind of worrying me because most of my mates have one and I'm scared if I dont get one in secondary school then I will be too inexperienced when I go to uni and will end up as the crazy cat lady. does anyone have any advice for anything? x
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you have male friends? If not, there's what you need to do first.

Otherwise, is there anyone you fancy? Actually liking your boyfriend is good, just having him as some sort of certificate isn't going to go well.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know people who are 20 and haven't been in relationships
Like chill, you don't want to be with someone who isn't right for you
A-Conquer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's pretty normal to not have had a relationship, I'm 17 and same, never had a partner - Dont feel pressured into one due to worries of 'inexperience', these things just sorta happen. Chances are when you inevitably end up in a relationship the other person will be happy to work with you through it if they care, even if you dont have 'experience' - and what's wrong with being a cat lady? cats are cool!
parii_xd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anxiouslassie)
I'm turning 16 in may and have never had a bf. it's kind of worrying me because most of my mates have one and I'm scared if I dont get one in secondary school then I will be too inexperienced when I go to uni and will end up as the crazy cat lady. does anyone have any advice for anything? x
you don't need one if you're not ready....
I'm 15 and I'm not planning to date until I'm 17+
Uni is for experiences so it's okay to start there
You're fine
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
God I'm 17 and in college and haven't got a bf, just got your mate has one doesn't mean you need one. Just take your time finding a lad you like then rush into one and then regret it
NMCMcL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anxiouslassie)
not trying to be rude but "so?"
It doesn't matter one bit. Everybody grows at different times/rates both physically and emotionally. Different people are ready for different things at different times.
My brother had his first girlfriend at 13.
I had my first boyfriend when we were both 17; we're still together. They ^^ aren't.
Do what you want whenever you feel ready and please don't feel forced by anybody or any 'norm'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (44)
47.31%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
22.58%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (28)
30.11%

Watched Threads