Fireyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, so I have to apply for college pretty soon seeing as I'm in year 11. My college will only let me take three A-levels but there are four I want to take. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice about what to do out of:
Film studies,
Modern History,
English Lit
and Philosophy.
I hope to go to a Russell Group Uni or Oxbridge to study philosophy or PPE if I can get in but at the same time have a huge passion for film. If you could give me any advice I would e super thankful.
Last edited by Fireyl; 1 month ago
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Modern History, English Lit and Philosophy will be better for you because I don't know how they would view Film studies but I assume it could be a potential a level they don't accept. I would look at Oxbridge and the Russell Group unis you want to go and see if they would let you apply with film studies; if they do allow you, drop the one you find less interesting. If you have a huge passion for film, you can maybe join activities where you could pursue it like a residential. There's this one http://www.bfiyoungscreenwriters.co.uk/ and multiple at Tyneside cinema
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Philosophy modern history and English literature would be ideal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads