Can I do an Art Foundation course after A Level if I haven't taken Art A level?

Watch
*ConfusedStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
So basically I really enjoy art, but didn't take it for an A level or gcse, and am wondering whether it would still be an option or not.

Thank you!
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you can because you just need to show you have some exposure to art, show you are interested in it and give your portfolio.
remussjhj01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would think so, as long as you had a good portfolio.
I had a quick look at the art and design foundation at UAL. They don't ask for a-level or GCSE art, but do ask for a portfolio. I imagine this is the case for most art foundation courses, have a look around though.
The only thing they might want to know is why you didn't take for a-level a subject you now want to do a degree in. As long as you have a good portfolio and an answer for that question, I don't see why there would be any issues
*ConfusedStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by remussjhj01)
I would think so, as long as you had a good portfolio.
I had a quick look at the art and design foundation at UAL. They don't ask for a-level or GCSE art, but do ask for a portfolio. I imagine this is the case for most art foundation courses, have a look around though.
The only thing they might want to know is why you didn't take for a-level a subject you now want to do a degree in. As long as you have a good portfolio and an answer for that question, I don't see why there would be any issues
Thanks, that's really helpful
*ConfusedStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I think you can because you just need to show you have some exposure to art, show you are interested in it and give your portfolio.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (12)
70.59%
No (3)
17.65%
Not sure (2)
11.76%

Watched Threads