Lincoln animal behaviour and welfare

Watch
Hazeltowns
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm going to the offer holder day tommorow at lincoln for animal behaviour and welfare anyone know anything about the uni and the course that could be useful in my decision making? I have to choose between lincoln and chester.
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Hazeltowns,

I am a student rep for the University of Lincoln and studied Biomedical Science for my undergraduate degree which is in the life sciences, same as ABW. I had a few friends who studied ABW so I might be able to help .

Did you enjoy the open day? I hope you got a chance to look inside Minster house which is our dedicated animal research building. I have been inside several times and it is amazing! It is home to facilities like the insectary, the observation rooms and the kennels to name a few. I hope you at least got the chance to walk around campus when you visited. The course itself was thoroughly enjoyed by the people I knew and some have gone onto some amazing jobs! We have very knowledgeable and dedicated lecturers including Dr Daniel Mills who is an inspiration to be even though I don't study animals! I do know our course is in high demand especially at postgraduate level and as a university we strive to keep our numbers low so the quality of teaching is at a high standard.
Chester has the advantage of Chester Zoo nearby but that being said, Lincolnshire has some amazing wildlife parks and smaller zoos which our students visit regularly and gain some very useful work experience from.

If you have any other questions please let me know! Good luck!
Lexy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (176)
9.88%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.07%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise