A LEVEL: Can I use chemguide instead of the OCR A year 1 and 2 text book?

Watch
curiousperson123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have not bought the year 2 book (orange and black book new spec) and I dont want to spend the money buying the book so can I just use the chemguide version?
Is chemguide and good substitute textbook?
I will use this along side my school Chemistry notes.
I am doing my a levels this June
lloydmynumber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey there im doing OCR A Chem A level this june too and i would prefer chemguide over the textbooks trust me!
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by curiousperson123)
I have not bought the year 2 book (orange and black book new spec) and I dont want to spend the money buying the book so can I just use the chemguide version?
Is chemguide and good substitute textbook?
I will use this along side my school Chemistry notes.
I am doing my a levels this June
Chemguide is an excellent resource for learning chemistry.

OCR endorsed text books are an excellent resource for learning OCR chemistry.

There are differences between the exam boards that chemguide will not help you with.

If you are careful in your marking of past papers to ensure that you are using the language that OCR expect, then you can access all the marks on the exams.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pigster)
Chemguide is an excellent resource for learning chemistry.

OCR endorsed text books are an excellent resource for learning OCR chemistry.

There are differences between the exam boards that chemguide will not help you with.

If you are careful in your marking of past papers to ensure that you are using the language that OCR expect, then you can access all the marks on the exams.
Yes, I endorse this. Accurate use of the mark scheme, as we examiners would do, is crucial if candidates want to get a realistic idea of their performance. Too often candidates think 'yeah, I sort of said that' and give themselves the mark in a practice paper where, in real life, the mark would not be given due to the absence of specific term, or the list principle or something like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (31)
49.21%
No, they should still go ahead (15)
23.81%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (17)
26.98%

Watched Threads