The Student Room Group

Attracted to teacher

I know we can’t help who we’re attracted to and I would never act on it, but I can’t help but feel disgusted in myself and I wish it would stop. When I first met him, I thought he was in his late 20s because his face is just youthful and he has blonde natural-looking hair, but the other day in class he revealed that he’s been teaching for 15 years, so that can’t be right haha. Anyway, he has the most beautiful accent which is where I think the attraction mostly stems from, but he’s just always really sweet towards me. I get 28 or 29/30 in all of his essays, which is surprising for me since I’m only in year 12. He always picks me to answer questions and nods, smiles then congratulates me when I get the answer right. We pass each other almost daily in the corridor and always say hi and this is probably my own paranoia, but whenever we watch videos in class I can feel his eyes on me during the whole clip and when I glance over he’s staring at me. ANYWAY, I know I’m naive, he’s just being a friendly teacher and I need to get over this infatuation, but how? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I know we can’t help who we’re attracted to and I would never act on it, but I can’t help but feel disgusted in myself and I wish it would stop. When I first met him, I thought he was in his late 20s because his face is just youthful and he has blonde natural-looking hair, but the other day in class he revealed that he’s been teaching for 15 years, so that can’t be right haha. Anyway, he has the most beautiful accent which is where I think the attraction mostly stems from, but he’s just always really sweet towards me. I get 28 or 29/30 in all of his essays, which is surprising for me since I’m only in year 12. He always picks me to answer questions and nods, smiles then congratulates me when I get the answer right. We pass each other almost daily in the corridor and always say hi and this is probably my own paranoia, but whenever we watch videos in class I can feel his eyes on me during the whole clip and when I glance over he’s staring at me. ANYWAY, I know I’m naive, he’s just being a friendly teacher and I need to get over this infatuation, but how? Thanks.

Stick with someone your own age. If you pursue this he will either leave or get sacked or at worst - get removed from being a teacher - career ended

And yes it is your own paranoia - he is a nice teacher

hey there ,
I would advise you in order to get rid of your infatuation maybe play some music or do something you enjoy as a hobby when you feel tempted to think about your teacher in that way which works for me and distracts me from those thoughts. hope this helps :smile:
Ask him to fart one day in front of you. That should break the enchant!
Reply 4
Ask him to fart one day in front of you. That should break the enchant!

Of all the advice, that is the one you can think of🤣🤣
Why shouldn't you get high marks because you're in Y12?
Dude...that's your teacher, like come on. Im sure your a fit bird. Find someone your own age
You should defo **** him OP. Good luck! /s
Once again, another person just looking for attention, and as a result possibly jeopardising a teacher’s position.
Hi

I feel I can relate. Only my teacher is no longer my teacher anymore as I have now finished school and have begun uni. Yet I still have this crush on her and don't know how to make it go away. We have been in touch for 2 years. And my past teacher ofcourse does not know that I have a crush on her but I do. And it's been so long and I'm just so confused I dondo k ow how to get over it.
tbh as long as you don't act on it i think you don't have to force yourself to get over him in a short period of time, because it's just a harmless crush:smile: the crush will go away with time as you'll realise he's just being friendly and not giving you any preferential treatment over others.
tbh as long as you don't act on it i think you don't have to force yourself to get over him in a short period of time, because it's just a harmless crush:smile: the crush will go away with time as you'll realise he's just being friendly and not giving you any preferential treatment over others.

What of this crush has been going on for a few years and the teacher stays in touch. And you view them as a friend. And they're married and you just want to confess that you have had a crush on them (just say to them qin the past) and pretend you no longer have it. So that it gives u some peace of mind. Otherwise the teacher is on your mind and you always hoping they are well.

Would you say that it's worth telling the teacher? That you have had a crush on them, seen as they're not your teacher anymore and u dnt want the crush to go anywhere lol you just want to confess ans get some peace of mind.

Thanks
Original post by 5hyl33n
Once again, another person just looking for attention, and as a result possibly jeopardising a teacher’s position.

If you bothered to read my post, I was explaining the situation and asking for advice on how to remove my feelings. Believe me, I’m NOT looking for attention of any sorts, I’m one of the shyest students you’d ever meet and I have anxiety, so if anything I’m trying to get rid of these thoughts so I can actually achieve the best grades possible. I haven’t jeopardise his position at all. Students in my class go to the staff room daily or his classroom to chat to him and they have inside jokes and laugh with each other all lesson, whereas I sit in the back corner and never say a word to him, unless we pass and smile or say hi in the corridor. As I mentioned in the original post, I have no intention of acting on this and it’s probably just the fact that it’s my favourite subject and when I receive good comments I gain confidence. But thanks for your snide comment.
maybe be less explicit? just say that you used to try hard in school for him or something, i think it'll make him feel flattered but not awkward.
If you bothered to read my post, I was explaining the situation and asking for advice on how to remove my feelings. Believe me, I’m NOT looking for attention of any sorts, I’m one of the shyest students you’d ever meet and I have anxiety, so if anything I’m trying to get rid of these thoughts so I can actually achieve the best grades possible. I haven’t jeopardise his position at all. Students in my class go to the staff room daily or his classroom to chat to him and they have inside jokes and laugh with each other all lesson, whereas I sit in the back corner and never say a word to him, unless we pass and smile or say hi in the corridor. As I mentioned in the original post, I have no intention of acting on this and it’s probably just the fact that it’s my favourite subject and when I receive good comments I gain confidence. But thanks for your snide comment.

How do you guys even develop a crush on a teacher?! It’s one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. Also, it was not a snide comment, it was the truth.
Original post by 5hyl33n
How do you guys even develop a crush on a teacher?! It’s one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. Also, it was not a snide comment, it was the truth.

Oh, I think that part is easy enough. Chances are they're older, independent, an authority figure, knowledgeable, give attention... starkly in comparison to everyone else in the room. The confined setting and lack of life experience contributes and exaggerates. Doesn't take a model to look handsome/sexy when the competition is erupting with puberty stink y'know?

The part where it stops being a crush and people think their teacher is going to elope with them is when it gets absurd IMO :tongue:
How can I tell my teacher who I now longer have (I've left school) but stay in touch as I was her best student.
She's married.
To get rid of the way I feel and to my anxiety at ease I want to just let it out to her otherwise if feel guilty for lying.
I want to say something like 'I had a crush..'
Instead of I still have a crush. I do not want to make things awkward for her... and because I'm no longer in school she can either choose to respond or she can just forget that I said it and it is not like I'm going to be in her class or face her in school.

I want to be able to just let it out because I have had this crush for a few years despite me having left school I thought it would go but it has not.
Original post by 5hyl33n
How do you guys even develop a crush on a teacher?! It’s one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. Also, it was not a snide comment, it was the tr

the fact that you think it's the truth proves how snide your comment is. just because the teachers in your school are probably fat, old and boring doesn't mean all teachers aren't good-looking and have a good personality. they're people, human. celebrities in their middle ages like Leonardo DiCaprio, brad pitt, joe Manganiello or Dwayne Johnson have millions of girls younger than this girl fanning over them but it they suddenly started working as a teacher, does that make it absurd? no. it does not.so keep unnecessary comments like this to yourself. no one asked for it, she clearly asked for ADVICE and what you're offering is ****e, not gonna lie! lmao <33333333
Original post by nutshell00
the fact that you think it's the truth proves how snide your comment is. just because the teachers in your school are probably fat, old and boring doesn't mean all teachers aren't good-looking and have a good personality. they're people, human. celebrities in their middle ages like Leonardo DiCaprio, brad pitt, joe Manganiello or Dwayne Johnson have millions of girls younger than this girl fanning over them but it they suddenly started working as a teacher, does that make it absurd? no. it does not.so keep unnecessary comments like this to yourself. no one asked for it, she clearly asked for ADVICE and what you're offering is ****e, not gonna lie! lmao <33333333

Every school has one teacher that they find attractive, but most students have better things to do than develop a crush on them. Students who develop these crushes don’t usually realise how bad the situation can get if someone else notices their crush. A teacher can unnecessarily lose their job and god forbid not get another one! A school is supposed to be a place of education, not a place where you ponder upon whether a teacher gives you preferential treatment or not. Celebrities are very different from teachers, so I’m not sure what your argument is there. If that celebrity did start working as teacher, although I’m 99% sure that won’t happen, then yes, in that case developing a crush would be absurd because that celebrity is now in a position of authority.

Like all the other threads on this teacher crush nonsense, I don’t know what the OP wants everyone to say apart from:
1) Utilise your time into something more productive
2) Stay away from the teacher
Original post by 5hyl33n
Every school has one teacher that they find attractive, but most students have better things to do than develop a crush on them. Students who develop these crushes don’t usually realise how bad the situation can get if someone else notices their crush. A teacher can unnecessarily lose their job and god forbid not get another one! A school is supposed to be a place of education, not a place where you ponder upon whether a teacher gives you preferential treatment or not. Celebrities are very different from teachers, so I’m not sure what your argument is there. If that celebrity did start working as teacher, although I’m 99% sure that won’t happen, then yes, in that case developing a crush would be absurd because that celebrity is now in a position of authority.

Like all the other threads on this teacher crush nonsense, I don’t know what the OP wants everyone to say apart from:
1) Utilise your time into something more productive
2) Stay away from the teacher

How can I tell my teacher who I now longer have (I've left school) but stay in touch as I was her best student.
She's married.
To get rid of the way I feel and to my anxiety at ease I want to just let it out to her otherwise if feel guilty for lying.
I want to say something like 'I had a crush..'
Instead of I still have a crush. I do not want to make things awkward for her... and because I'm no longer in school she can either choose to respond or she can just forget that I said it and it is not like I'm going to be in her class or face her in school.

I want to be able to just let it out because I have had this crush for a few years despite me having left school I thought it would go but it has not.

Quick Reply

Latest