The Student Room Group

Feelings for someone while in a relationship?

I have been with my bf for about 10 months now and he has always treated me well. we have never had a serious argument. he has been my first everything (kiss, date, love etc) but recently I started a new job and one of the boys I work with is so lovely to me. he helps me with tasks, walks me to my car or waits with me for a lift. we are always making jokes and laughing together. hes not like that with anyone else at work. I don't know what to do i think I'm starting to have feelings for him, but I dont want to be heart broken as I will be oof I break up with my bf. advice????
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with my bf for about 10 months now and he has always treated me well. we have never had a serious argument. he has been my first everything (kiss, date, love etc) but recently I started a new job and one of the boys I work with is so lovely to me. he helps me with tasks, walks me to my car or waits with me for a lift. we are always making jokes and laughing together. hes not like that with anyone else at work. I don't know what to do i think I'm starting to have feelings for him, but I dont want to be heart broken as I will be oof I break up with my bf. advice????

Are your feelings stronger for him or your bf?
Reply 2
Original post by luckykitty679
Are your feelings stronger for him or your bf?

this is the thing I'm so unsure
Reply 3
also I dont know how my family feel about my bf, I dont think they approve tbh
Original post by Anonymous

This is a very snakey thing to do to your bf of 10 months. If you haven't already told him about this then you are practically playing with both these peoples feelings in a malicious way. First things first you need to tell him about this other persons.
Reply 5
tell your bf how you feel and the situation you're in.
get his advice.
worst thing is going ahead with cheating on your bf with this work colleague, and your bf finding out later, thus arguments.
Honesty is the best policy here.
If you play them both off against each other everyone is gonna be hurt at the end.
Ask yourself maybe is there something missing in your current relationship?
It is perfectly normal to have feelings for other people while you are in a relationship. Your emotions don't switch off just because you are in a relationship. The main thing is what you do about those feelings. So long as you just remain friends with the other boy then no problem.

But if you want to break up with your current boyfriend so that you can go out with your new male friend, then make sure you do things in the right order. Be kind, don't hurt anyone's feelings by cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending