b3rfin11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i really like the medicine course offered at oxford. However i don't do Maths a level. The a levels i study are biology, chemistry and psychology. I am not sure if they would even interview me. Do you think they would give me a chance?
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at the requirements of EACH college at oxford and if there's a college that doesn't need maths, yes you would have a chance
Siobha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by b3rfin11)
Hi, i really like the medicine course offered at oxford. However i don't do Maths a level. The a levels i study are biology, chemistry and psychology. I am not sure if they would even interview me. Do you think they would give me a chance?
Yes! The course requires chemistry plus ONE of maths, further maths, biology or physics. You meet these requirements, therefore they do not have grounds to deselect you due to a level choice. You can link psychology to medicine in your personal statement. Plus, Oxford medicine actually includes a lot of essay writing, so you can spin this in your favour too.

The main thing with medicine at Oxford (as I'm sure you are aware) is having extreeeemely high GCSEs. I believe no one with fewer than 7A*s has been given a place in recent years, though i could be wrong. If you have stellar GCSEs and you work hard at your BMAT then you might as well go for it, seeing as you would be a very strong candidate to get offers from other medicine courses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (21)
45.65%
No, they should still go ahead (11)
23.91%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (14)
30.43%

Watched Threads