The Student Room Group

Choosing Uni for Msc in Ai

I got offers from the following uni's
Uni of bath for MSc in machine learning and autonomous systems
Queen mary uni of London for Msc in Ai
Uni of Cardiff for Msc in Ai
waiting for decisions from Lancaster(Data Science), Kings(Ai), Birmingham(Ai), St. Andrews(Ai), Surrey(CV, ML)
Please suggest me the best universities for pursuing masters in Ai. I'm inclined towards Computer vision and interested in research and Job is also an Imp factor as i'm an international student.
Please suggest me the best uni's among those
Reply 1
Original post by venkatbhaskar4u
waiting for decisions from Lancaster(Data Science), Kings(Ai), Birmingham(Ai), St. Andrews(Ai), Surrey(CV, ML)
Please suggest me the best universities for pursuing masters in Ai. I'm inclined towards Computer vision and interested in research and Job is also an Imp factor as i'm an international student.

Mate, I have an offer from qmul from ms in AI with an year in industry. With the recent changes in tier iv visa for international students, will it be a safe choice to pursue ms from uk? Considering how difficult it is to find a employer who can sponsor your tier ii visa.

Hi @venkatbhaskar4u

Glad to hear you’re considering University of Bath for your Postgraduate studies!

Bath has excellent postgraduate courses for Data Science (and those that fall under the general umbrella of Data Science such as Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems) and are subsequently some of the most popular postgraduate courses the University offers.

Our industry links are also very well established and the opportunity to do a placement year is very attractive to a lot of students. As well as this, each department has its own team (as well as a general University Careers Service) that is dedicated to supporting students in finding a suitable placement, preparing them for application process (CV checks, Mock Interviews, Mock Assessment Centres etc.) and giving any necessary support whilst you’re on your placement.
For more information please see: Placement Year Info

The city of Bath itself is a beautiful, scenic city in a lovely part of the country with a fantastic history, however it is quite small and relatively quiet compared to most other cities. Although there are certainly things to do in Bath, it offers nowhere near as many opportunities as say London or Birmingham would in your down time. That being said, Bath is only 10 miles (15 minute train ride) from Bristol, a much bigger and more fast-paced city that has a lot more going on, with significantly better nightlife also. Many students take advantage of this and regularly visit.
It is important to take this into consideration as you will be spending a whole year at wherever you decide to study!

I hope this has helped, and if you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to ask them! :smile:

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Management

I have the same offer from QMUL. Did you make your final decision?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending