Attentionisokay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
While looking at GCSE requirement grades I noticed I am required at least 5 grades 7s(A) and a 6(B) in English langauge however I received a 5(C) in English langauge and I have 4 grades 7s
I'm currently doing okay at my A-Levels and belive the my predicted grades when applying will be AAA or AAB
Will my GCSEs affect my application?will I have to take a gap year then apply with my A-Levels? Or will my GCSEs always affect my application and will I never get a place?

Any help is welcome thank you x
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Attentionisokay)
While looking at GCSE requirement grades I noticed I am required at least 5 grades 7s(A) and a 6(B) in English langauge however I received a 5(C) in English langauge and I have 4 grades 7s
I'm currently doing okay at my A-Levels and belive the my predicted grades when applying will be AAA or AAB
Will my GCSEs affect my application?will I have to take a gap year then apply with my A-Levels? Or will my GCSEs always affect my application and will I never get a place?

Any help is welcome thank you x
Speak to your target unis.
As it stands you dont meet the requirements.
It is within their discretion whether to apply the GCSE requirement.
If they do they could give you an offer and reconsider when the results are out.
In any event focus on your A levels they are far more important, get the grades and see what happens. If its not enough then just take a gap and reapply. Unis are far less fussy about resits at GCSE. Focus on A level.

Btw if you are just year 12 just resit and get yourself over the line.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (12)
70.59%
No (3)
17.65%
Not sure (2)
11.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise