Any questions about Sutton Bonington campus?

Watch
EmCharles
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I'm a first year at Sutton Bonington campus.... I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!
treetops12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you ever feel really cut off, or is it fairly easy to go into Nottingham when you feel like it? When I first went there for the open day I was really hesitant about it being so isolated, but when I went back for my interview, the students I spoke to said they never felt like they needed to go into Nottingham that often, which reassured me a bit. I think I'm mostly concerned about the fact that you are with a much smaller group of people, whereas in city unis you have the opportunity to meet so many more people.
EmCharles
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by treetops12)
Do you ever feel really cut off, or is it fairly easy to go into Nottingham when you feel like it? When I first went there for the open day I was really hesitant about it being so isolated, but when I went back for my interview, the students I spoke to said they never felt like they needed to go into Nottingham that often, which reassured me a bit. I think I'm mostly concerned about the fact that you are with a much smaller group of people, whereas in city unis you have the opportunity to meet so many more people.
I never really feel cut off from town, as the buses are very regular during the day, particularly during the week. Shopping is pretty easy if you don't mind a walk or tram fare. I tend to go to Clifton or Beeston for food. The buses at the weekend are a bit iffy. I'd say it's very easy to get to Nottingham, but less so to get back...
It can, however be a huge hassle to go out at night. It's do able, but costly, or you have like an 11-12 pm "curfew" with the buses/ trams. That said, I drink with my flatmates/friends in my building and have saved a lot of money from that, so I have plenty of money if I do choose to go party in town.

This campus has quite a lot people on it, really; it's pretty easy to make friends, especially as you all eat together. That said you can join societies on UP to make a wider range of friends, which is useful if you wanna stay in Nottingham centre at night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
70.97%
No (4)
12.9%
Not sure (5)
16.13%

Watched Threads