crushing on my straight best friend :/

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So this has been going on for about a year now. I've been friends with this girl for a couple of years now, last year we started to grow really close and at around the same time I started to question my sexuality. I soon realized that I'm bisexual and not long after, I realized I had a crush on this girl.

The problem is, she's told me before that she's straight, and I don't think she'll ever see me that way. But it's been going on for so long in my mind and no matter what I do, I can't get over her. I've had other short-lived crushes but this one has taken over my life.

I see her very frequently - we're in the same dance class and we have lessons pretty much every evening. Because we're such good friends, it really hurts to hear her talk about boys all the time, and see her go through boy after boy and crush after crush.

My main problem is the mixed signals she gives me. Her first kiss was with another girl (one of her other friends whilst she was drunk at a party).

I'm not out to her but I think she'd be fairly accepting if I did come out, although I don't want her to assume I've told her just because I like her. Any and all help is appreciated!!
4StarsOutOf5
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I knew a lad that really liked this girl, families were friends and had known each other for ages, so a tough situation. The type that spend Christmases together and all sorts. In a way, I kinda think she knew but didn't ever give him a straight up signal. Anyway, this one time in sixth form, we decided to bunk off for the day. This new kid that started hanging round with us borrowed his dad's suit and bought alcohol and we spent the day getting drunk. My mate has a revelation that he loves her and has to tell her as "it's the things you don't do that you regret". So we go to her house and no joke, he sprays "I love carly d'amato" on her driveway! Absolutely mental. And to top it all off the new kid called Neil's dad a bumder.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.71%
No, they should still go ahead (56)
13.79%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.5%

Watched Threads