The Student Room Group

Might not be able to get transcript in time for application

Hi all,

So I applied for a masters course at Leeds in late December.

Except for a confirmation email I heard nothing from them. I had checked a couple of times on their application site, no change. I checked again tonight... Horror struck.

On the 5th of Feburary they had sent me a message on their internal system asking me for my transcript by the 26th of Feburary.

I got absolutely no email or text or anything about this notification, I've checked my spam, I've checked everything, I really got nothing. I just happened to check again tonight and see it.

So now I have the weekend and then until Wednesday to geth this thing. It takes York, my current degree's location, 5 (presumably working) days to get me a transcript apparently and they can't expidite the process at all.

Do you think if I email Leeds they might be able to extend my deadline to give them this transcript?

Thanks,
George
Original post by Cascades123
Hi all,

Except for a confirmation email I heard nothing from them. I had checked a couple of times on their application site, no change. I checked again tonight... Horror struck.

On the 5th of Feburary they had sent me a message on their internal system asking me for my transcript by the 26th of Feburary.

I got absolutely no email or text or anything about this notification, I've checked my spam, I've checked everything, I really got nothing. I just happened to check again tonight and see it.

So now I have the weekend and then until Wednesday to geth this thing. It takes York, my current degree's location, 5 (presumably working) days to get me a transcript apparently and they can't expidite the process at all.

Do you think if I email Leeds they might be able to extend my deadline to give them this transcript?

Thanks,
George

Ring them on Monday (don’t email) and ask them to extend the deadline by a week- and tell them you didn’t get any email about the request.
Original post by Cascades123
Hi all,

Thanks,
George

I think if you call Leeds and explain the situation to an Admissions person, they will be understanding and able to extend it a while. Also, are you sure you can't just download your transcript from the York system if you login to your student account there? I only ask because I know my son can easily access his Year 1 transcript at Exeter just from going into his account.
(edited 4 years ago)
I think we’re quite a way off any hard deadlines relating to taught masters programmes. I don’t think they would have much issue in extending a deadline if you make them aware you are actively obtaining the requested info.

As above, call them, don’t email.
Reply 4
Thanks all, I had no issue with extending the deadline. The logical part of me didn't think there would be an issue.... But admissions don't always seem logical ;P Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending