theorangefox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently studying as a mature student at the University of South Wales so I know either is a decent jump forwards. I've received offers to study at both Bristol and Cardiff in 2020 and while I know Cardiff is cheaper and easier to get to (30 minutes), Bristol is the dream.

What's the better option? Bristol isn't too far away for commuting (1hr40 by train) which I feel isn't too bad for a few days a week.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by theorangefox)
I'm currently studying as a mature student at the University of South Wales so I know either is a decent jump forwards. I've received offers to study at both Bristol and Cardiff in 2020 and while I know Cardiff is cheaper and easier to get to (30 minutes), Bristol is the dream.

What's the better option? Bristol isn't too far away for commuting (1hr40 by train) which I feel isn't too bad for a few days a week.
You have already made your mind up. Visit both for an open day and try the commute, then choose. Doubt it will make that much difference.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by theorangefox)

I agree with tigger that it's unlikely to make any difference which is why I would personally pick Cardiff for the easier commute. But if Bristol is your dream then that might be the most important factor for you.

Just try out the journey at rush hour to make sure that you could cope with such a long commute if you had a 9am seminar
theorangefox
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which university I choose won't matter? I thought a degree from Bristol held more weight?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads