sujith_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you can shed some information.

I've got an offer from Lancaster university for MS in cyber security!

How is the univ's rep, its student life and union, teachings and the whole shenanigans?

I'd be grateful for your replies xD
amandaventura
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi i also applied to lancaster you should check out their youtube channel it gives you a lot of information
sujith_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amandaventura)
hi i also applied to lancaster you should check out their youtube channel it gives you a lot of information
Hi Amanda,
What made you choose Lancaster?
amandaventura
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sujith_)
Hi Amanda,
What made you choose Lancaster?
i like the college systems and i went to the applicants day and it was just very well organised and welcoming , and its really good for my course
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you can shed some information.

How is the univ's rep, its student life and union, teachings and the whole shenanigans?

Hello,
I'm currently a student and I'm happy to answer any questions!
The uni's reputation is pretty good and you can find lots of info here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/wh...nd-reputation/
Student life depends what you're into? We have an SU bar that's student's only and has a free bus there and back until late - it's very popular. We have a college system so each college has its own social space and bar (9 in total). As a graduate student you'll be in a graduate college so you'll have your dedicated grad bar (but anyone can use any bar!) as well as your own social space and study space near the grad accommodation (if you live in campus you'll live in with other grads). There's also your own space in the library and in town if you decide to live there.
For info on teaching you can chat to current students on similar courses and get an idea: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
What else would you like to know?
I'm happy to answer any questions.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Mattywing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

Hi sujith!

I've been offered a conditional place for the MSc Cyber Security this year too! Hopefully see you later this year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (305)
34.27%
No (585)
65.73%

Watched Threads