The Student Room Group

Want a boyfriend but not ready to do stuff

I’m really attracted to someone but I don’t want to take it any further than friends because I’m terrified. They’ll probably expect me to do bits with them and I’m not ready. Obviously I’ll kiss and hug but like other stuff just isn’t for me at the moment. I’ve been attracted to a few people over the years but never taken it any further than friends in fear that they’ll think I’m no fun.
Yes they will. My mr nice guy bf acted like it was fine we didn't have sex but reveals 6 months later that this is what caused him to **** up the relationship.

Honestly, even if they're not pressuring you, you will still feel obliged and pressured to do stuff you're not ready for. If you are strong willed and not too attached to them you will be able to say no. You could tell them at the start that you're not ready to do intimate stuff, and so they can take it or leave it. may I ask how old you are?
Original post by Anonymous
Yes they will. My mr nice guy bf acted like it was fine we didn't have sex but reveals 6 months later that this is what caused him to **** up the relationship.

Honestly, even if they're not pressuring you, you will still feel obliged and pressured to do stuff you're not ready for. If you are strong willed and not too attached to them you will be able to say no. You could tell them at the start that you're not ready to do intimate stuff, and so they can take it or leave it. may I ask how old you are?

clesrly u were dating the right guy cause most of us have respect for things like that. it’s a big thing for both sides uno just do it when you feel comfy
Original post by iamthestudent
clesrly u were dating the right guy cause most of us have respect for things like that. it’s a big thing for both sides uno just do it when you feel comfy

I've dated 2 guys. One pretended to like me to have sex. The other above ^. I have bad odds. But I'm guessing she is quite young and so obviously everyone is less mature then, and teenage boys are notoriously horny. I may be negatively biased. Sorry
This is just my personal experience but I don't know how this compares to other people.
In my experience, I always thought I wasn't ready to be intimate with someone until it happened. As long as the person you're involved with takes things at your pace then you'll be okay. And that's not me saying you want to, all I'm saying is that it'll feel right when it feels right.
It's always so important to be honest with them. If you tell them how you feel about the possibility of them wanting to be intimate and they give you a negative response then, they're not worth it. You'll find someone who respects that and is willing to work around it. Being transparent with things like this is so important so if I were you, I'd just be honest with them.
Hope everything turns out great!
Original post by Anonymous
I've dated 2 guys. One pretended to like me to have sex. The other above ^. I have bad odds. But I'm guessing she is quite young and so obviously everyone is less mature then, and teenage boys are notoriously horny. I may be negatively biased. Sorry

don’t apologise at all! i’m sorry you’ve had some bad past experiences but they’re all learning points. eventually you will find someone you trust and will be with you for u i’m sure :smile:
Reply 6
If he is the right guy for you then he'll respect that. Many people make that conscious choice for all sorts of reasons.
And contrary to popular belief it's possible to have fun and have a good relationship without that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending