Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This morning I was on my phone and my ex was posting about his birthday, so I decided to message him happy birthday. I thought it was harmless and he'd just reply saying thank you but he started going on and on about how he forgot mine and idk it made me feel weird like he was painting a picture I made a big deal out of his and he made nothing out of mine. I don't even mind he didn't wish me happy birthday I just wanted to wish it for his, is that weird? I'm happily with a new boyfriend of 8 months so idk if it was a bad decision in the first place but I thought it was just a nice thing to do. I'd be grateful if anything gave their opinion cus in hindsight I don't think I should have said happy birthday in the first place -_-
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as i'm aware, you did nothing wrong by saying happy birthday.
If they want to make a big deal out of it, let them.
Don't feel bad for being a nice person!
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no you aren't in the wrong at all you were just being civil that's all its not even nice to say happy bday I guess its just common decency like for me even if I added someone on social media or they added me and they post its their bday I still say happy bday even if I dont know them, I think its just respectful and yh... Don't get too upset honestly it just shows you have nice manners x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SnowMiku)
As far as i'm aware, you did nothing wrong by saying happy birthday.
If they want to make a big deal out of it, let them.
Don't feel bad for being a nice person!
Thank you so much for putting me at ease
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
no you aren't in the wrong at all you were just being civil that's all its not even nice to say happy bday I guess its just common decency like for me even if I added someone on social media or they added me and they post its their bday I still say happy bday even if I dont know them, I think its just respectful and yh... Don't get too upset honestly it just shows you have nice manners x
Yeah I completely agree, thank you so much for your reassurance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads