Hannah’s journey to 3A*s at A level

Watch
followersuk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Now it's easier than ever to join in the conversation on The Student Room. Download our shiny new app and post messages from wherever you are (note: this ... by <a href=
?Hannah?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
QUICK UPDATE
- Chemistry end of unit test went terribly - everyone struggled and the class grade average was a D - Most of the question content hadn’t been taught, but using this as motivation
- Mocks start next week! Actually kind of excited in a way. I achieved AB in my january mocks and want AAA in these mocks ideally (fingers crossed). Poor chemistry mark in the end of the unit test has just given me the motivation to ace it next week. Feeling positive and motivated, shall keep everyone updated
- Also got a Biology end of unit test that I have revised most of the content for - have a bit more to go over in my free tomorrow though
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
QUICK UPDATE
- Chemistry end of unit test went terribly - everyone struggled and the class grade average was a D - Most of the question content hadn’t been taught, but using this as motivation
- Mocks start next week! Actually kind of excited in a way. I achieved AB in my january mocks and want AAA in these mocks ideally (fingers crossed). Poor chemistry mark in the end of the unit test has just given me the motivation to ace it next week. Feeling positive and motivated, shall keep everyone updated
- Also got a Biology end of unit test that I have revised most of the content for - have a bit more to go over in my free tomorrow though
What's happened with coronavirus?
?Hannah?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hi everyone! so it feels pretty weird doing this post to be honest due to what has happened over the course of the last week. i am sure that most of you are aware that a level and gcse exams have both been cancelled. a level grades shall be awarded based upon varying factors, including teacher assessment, mock examinations, gcse grades.
my a level mock grades are as follows:
- geography - A* (94% and 81% respectively)
- biology - A (not too sure what my percentages are)
- chemistry - B
i know my initial aim was three A* grades but i am happy with my mock grades and would proudly take them as my a level grades, which is something that is likely to occur. i have stopped revising as i will not be choosing to sit the exams in september i do not think - purely based upon the fact that i am already a year behind and my parents would not be able to financially support me
over the next few weeks and during the easter period, i shall be focusing on completing and finalising my geography NEA coursework
thank you hope everyone is coping during this extremely weird and difficult time
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ?Hannah?)
hi everyone! so it feels pretty weird doing this post to be honest due to what has happened over the course of the last week. i am sure that most of you are aware that a level and gcse exams have both been cancelled. a level grades shall be awarded based upon varying factors, including teacher assessment, mock examinations, gcse grades.
my a level mock grades are as follows:
- geography - A* (94% and 81% respectively)
- biology - A (not too sure what my percentages are)
- chemistry - B
i know my initial aim was three A* grades but i am happy with my mock grades and would proudly take them as my a level grades, which is something that is likely to occur. i have stopped revising as i will not be choosing to sit the exams in september i do not think - purely based upon the fact that i am already a year behind and my parents would not be able to financially support me
over the next few weeks and during the easter period, i shall be focusing on completing and finalising my geography NEA coursework
thank you hope everyone is coping during this extremely weird and difficult time
I think they'll bump up your grades to allow for the time you would have had to revise! So the B might be an A in reality. (Can't promise but my dad is a teacher and this is what he has be told).
?Hannah?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chloenix)
I think they'll bump up your grades to allow for the time you would have had to revise! So the B might be an A in reality. (Can't promise but my dad is a teacher and this is what he has be told).
thank you so much hon x we can only hope x good luck to you as well x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (268)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (272)
15.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.08%
Isolating with family (120)
6.95%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.52%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.4%
Loneliness (170)
9.84%
Financial worries (67)
3.88%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (156)
9.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.18%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (153)
8.86%

Watched Threads