The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult Nursing Sept2020

Hey guys
got an unconditional offer to study adult nursing. My placement locality is Bournemouth. Want to meet new people on my course before we start in September. What are your accommodation options?
Reply 1
Original post by Hawa-k
Hey guys
got an unconditional offer to study adult nursing. My placement locality is Bournemouth. Want to meet new people on my course before we start in September. What are your accommodation options?

Congratulation on your offer, did you had interview or not? Im waiting for invitation for interview
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Marina_w
Congratulation on your offer, did you had interview or not? Im waiting for invitation for interview

thankyou and yes i did
wish u the best
Reply 3
Hi, i just got invitation for interview in the next couple weeks, may i ask you the tips please?
Original post by Hawa-k
Hey guys

Hi, Congratulations of your offer - it is such an exciting time!
There is a lot of choice when it comes to accommodation.
BU have their own partnered halls , these are popular with first years. Corfe House is considered one of the most suitable BU hall for nursing students because it is generally somewhat more quiet compared to some of the other halls and has a really good community feel.
Corfe is also within walking distance of Poole Hospital, useful if you are on placement there.
You'll find more information about Corfe House on the BU website and also on the Student Roost Website.

You might also like to consider the private sector, for example Home Park.
We have quite a few nursing students coming to live at Home Park from September, so you would be in good company.
If you book a room at Home Park you can request to be in a flat with other nursing students and we offer longer tenancy lengths for those going on placement. There is currently no deposit to pay for new bookings at HP and we don't ask for the first rent installment until October which is handy for anyone relying on student finance payments.

If you need further information about Corfe House or Home park you can either DM us or have a look at our website
www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/bournemouth
Original post by Hawa-k
Hey guys

hi i also got an offer for adult nursing!! in bournemouth
Original post by kaydeeshizz
hi i also got an offer for adult nursing!! in bournemouth

I did too!! Have you firmed Bournemouth?
Original post by danielle1110
I did too!! Have you firmed Bournemouth?

no i didn't, i ended up firming bcu:smile: will you go to bournemouth
Original post by kaydeeshizz
no i didn't, i ended up firming bcu:smile: will you go to bournemouth

Aww BCU is such a good uni! Good luck studying there! Not sure yet, still waiting to hear back from Swansea
Original post by danielle1110
Aww BCU is such a good uni! Good luck studying there! Not sure yet, still waiting to hear back from Swansea

Thank you so much!! Good luck for you too. Ahh okay I’m from Swansea and it’s such a good university that I’ve heard from my brother , I hope they get back you soon
Original post by Hawa-k
Hey guys

Hi Haha-k! Congratulations on your offer, that is an amazing thing to get!

My name is Destiny, and I am currently in my final year at Bournemouth University studying BSc (Hons) Psychology! I personally do not study adult nursing but I can say we have 10 accommodations I believe through Bournemouth University! I'm not sure if adult nursing is on Lansdowne Campus or not, but I would definitely recommend choosing an accommodation close to either there or near Poole Hospital if you have placement there! All of our accommodations are in Lansdowne so walking distance to that campus except Student Village and Corfe House!

If you need anymore information, just let me know! :smile: Destiny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending