Adelaide73
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hi I would like to know if my daughter (EU) who lives and study in UK since 2016 is eligible for Maintenance loan . She's applying Uni 2020/2021 thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Adelaide73)
hi I would like to know if my daughter (EU) who lives and study in UK since 2016 is eligible for Maintenance loan . She's applying Uni 2020/2021 thanks.
Hi Adelaide,
As she doesn't have 5 years UK residency she won't be entitled to apply as a home student but if she meets the Migrant Worker http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f criteria then she may be able to apply for a Maintenance Loan(providing she meets all other criteria such as residency and previous study)
T
hanks, Isaac.
Adelaide73
Rep:
?
Thank you Isaac, so if parents work Is possible have the maintenance loan. The information provided in the website it's wrong , 3 years😝.
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Adelaide73)
Thank you Isaac, so if parents work Is possible have the maintenance loan. The information provided in the website it's wrong , 3 years😝.
Hi
Can you share the link to the website you are looking at? The website definitely says 5 years. It’s been 5 years since 2016.

It will say 3 years residency in the EU and it will say 3 years settled status.

If an EU National gains the new EU settled status they still need 5 years of residency to be classed as a home student for SFE funding currently.
Adelaide73
Rep:
?
Ho Isaac
I saw in gov site
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (598)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (736)
41.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise