Whose responsibility is it to provide food safety things?

Watch
FluffySquid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I work in food service - management is trying to get all the staff to buy our own blue plasters, the food safety regulation ones.

Is it our responsibility to buy these or there's to provide them?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would think it should be provided as part of a workplace. People aren't asked to bring their own fire extinguishers are they?
FluffySquid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
I would think it should be provided as part of a workplace. People aren't asked to bring their own fire extinguishers are they?
That's what I was thinking, I'm not necessarily going to make a fuss at this point but I just wanted to know if there was any specific legislation or guidelines which were on the side of the staff. To back up any argument that might ensue.

Just another sneaky way of cutting some costs isn't it
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by FluffySquid)
That's what I was thinking, I'm not necessarily going to make a fuss at this point but I just wanted to know if there was any specific legislation or guidelines which were on the side of the staff. To back up any argument that might ensue.

Just another sneaky way of cutting some costs isn't it
"The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. These Regulations apply to all workplaces including those with less than five employees and to the self-employed."

That's the legal bit. Plus there should be an accident book to fill out, so employers can see what is happening and take steps to make the workplace safer by trying to reduce the number of incidences; they can't do that if people are applying their own plasters and not flagging up how the injury occurred! There's also other injuries and illnesses that have mandatory reporting to the HSE, so you'd wonder what else the company is trying to skimp on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.15%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed