sidkharbanda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi there, I got into acc and finance for the september 2020 entry in loughborough,lancaster,birmingha m,newcastle and cardiff but I am not sure which will be the best among these options, hope to get some advice
thanks!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sidkharbanda)
hi there, I got into acc and finance for the september 2020 entry in loughborough,lancaster,birmingha m,newcastle and cardiff but I am not sure which will be the best among these options, hope to get some advice
thanks!
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I'm in my second year of a degree in Finance & Economics, basically 50% Accounting & Finance modules with 50% Economics modules.

I personally really love my degree and so off the bat I would highly recommend Lancaster!

All of my lecturers really know their stuff and are really keen to help you succeed. Tutorials are a really nice way to cement application of knowledge - tutors are great at answering questions and will also go through things with you in their office hrs if you ever need additional help.

If you have any specific questions about the degree or about Lancaster in general please let me know!

Charlie
sidkharbanda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I'm in my second year of a degree in Finance & Economics, basically 50% Accounting & Finance modules with 50% Economics modules.

I personally really love my degree and so off the bat I would highly recommend Lancaster!

All of my lecturers really know their stuff and are really keen to help you succeed. Tutorials are a really nice way to cement application of knowledge - tutors are great at answering questions and will also go through things with you in their office hrs if you ever need additional help.

If you have any specific questions about the degree or about Lancaster in general please let me know!

Charlie
Hey Charlie thank you for your reply, I am sure that Lancaster provides quality education, however being an International student, I am unaware about the university reputation in the UK and various other factors like student life, future career prospects etc. hope you can guide me regarding the same.
thank you
Siddhant
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sidkharbanda)
Hey Charlie thank you for your reply, I am sure that Lancaster provides quality education, however being an International student, I am unaware about the university reputation in the UK and various other factors like student life, future career prospects etc. hope you can guide me regarding the same.
thank you
Siddhant
Siddhant,

No worries, I will do my best to help you better understand all of those areas!

In terms of Lancaster's reputation, we are a triple top 10 university - this means that we have been ranked within the top ten by 3 different surveys!

Here is a link to more information about this:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/wh...nd-reputation/

Student life in Lancaster is, I will admit, less extravagant than it would be at city universities obviously. Here at Lancaster we are a collegiate university; each college has a group of elected students (the "Junior Common Room Representations") who plan Social & Wellbeing events within the colleges. These events can be a great way to meet new friends in a relaxed environment. We also have a students' union nightclub - Sugarhouse. Here is a link to a little bit more information about Sugarhouse ( https://lancastersu.co.uk/sugarhouse ). Sugarhouse is a safe and welcoming place for all!

The Accounting & Finance degree falls into the faculty of Lancaster University Management School (LUMS). LUMS does so much for careers - we have careers modules, careers workshops, careers fairs with potential employers and lots of help with preparing for interviews or assessment centres. The careers advisors genuinely want you to do well!

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/careers/ - this is the special area on the LUMS webpage dedicated to everything careers.

I hope this has been helpful! Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know about.

Charlie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (143)
30.3%
No (329)
69.7%

Watched Threads