The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

How Coventry University accommodate

I understand Coventry is a first come first serve basis, however I previously spoke to other uni students who have told me it’s quite common that the uni give little quizzes to find out a students likes, interests and dislikes so that they can place people in similar groups within there first choices. Does anyone know if Coventry do this or anything similar? As I am not going with friends and worried who I might be placed with.
Original post by Niamh_._xo
I understand Coventry is a first come first serve basis, however I previously spoke to other uni students who have told me it’s quite common that the uni give little quizzes to find out a students likes, interests and dislikes so that they can place people in similar groups within there first choices. Does anyone know if Coventry do this or anything similar? As I am not going with friends and worried who I might be placed with.

the only way to check is to ring accommodation on Monday and ask. Normally such questionnaires are on internal booking systems. It is not unknown but I dont get the impression its overly common as they have enough on their plate organising places fr thousands.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Hi there,

From what I remember, I don't recall filling out anything to do with interests/likes/dislikes to find people alike. As everyone will be in the same pool everywhere will feel some level of anxiety moving in no one knows anyone. However, if you opt to stay with Unite Students, they have an app where you can fill out a few personal details and find out those who you'll be sharing accommodation with. According to the process of choosing accommodation, you have to answer a few questions about any requirements you may need such as gender sharing preferences, adapted rooms or any disability.

I hope that helps!

Thank you for your message.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student

Hi Niamh_._xo,

In regards to your question, it depends on the accommodation, I can speak on the one I stayed in for first year Apollo Works a private accommodation they did ask me for my interests and my behavioural traits e.g bubbly, energetic e.t.c., however I only really got on with 2 out of 5 of my flatmates. I can't speak on other accommodations but i do know there is so much new accommodation being built they may have their own way of allocating people to rooms.

One thing to note you can specify for example female only flatmates sometimes maybe for your own personal reasons if that applies to you.

Theres always ways to meet people on campus like in social spaces on campus like the Hub, Library or events held by societies or the student union in which you are likely to meet new people who may even live in your accommodation and so on.

Hopefully that answers your question. Have a lovely day.

Rachel,Coventry Campus, BA Business and Marketing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending