2020 technical theatre/ stage management students/ Production arts

Watch
Nightfire1964
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello struggled to find forums discussing any production arts courses i will start of saying that i'm currently doing a production arts and live events course at college and have applied for Bristol old vic theatre school, royal welsh college of music and drama, derby uni, bath spa and backstage academy. hope to talk to people interested in a career in production arts like me.
zozomatthews
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya,

Found your thread too

We haven't applied to any of the same unfortunately but I highly recommend looking at Birmingham City
Nightfire1964
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by zozomatthews)
Hiya,

Found your thread too

We haven't applied to any of the same unfortunately but I highly recommend looking at Birmingham City
Well might as well keep the conversation going in this thread struggle to find anyone doing any production arts related courses. I have what got you into doing mine was my dad was in the similar profession
zozomatthews
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Knightfire1964)
Well might as well keep the conversation going in this thread struggle to find anyone doing any production arts related courses. I have what got you into doing mine was my dad was in the similar profession
I always wanted to be a fashion designer when I was young but then realised it wasn't for me so I began looking at acting but knew I didn't want to do that so I was told about Stage Management and completely knew it was right
fozzy22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya!I have a place at Birmingham City on the Stage Management (BA) for next year but am still waiting to hear back from Royal welsh college of music and drama. Has anyone else had responses from them?
zozomatthews
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fozzy22)
Hiya!I have a place at Birmingham City on the Stage Management (BA) for next year but am still waiting to hear back from Royal welsh college of music and drama. Has anyone else had responses from them?
I have a place at Birmingham City for Stage Management too! Is it your first choice?
fozzy22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zozomatthews)
I have a place at Birmingham City for Stage Management too! Is it your first choice?
If i get an offer at RWCMD then Birmingham is my insurance, but if not then yes it is my first.
zozomatthews
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If i get an offer at RWCMD then Birmingham is my insurance, but if not then yes it is my first.
Cool, what's your offer from BCU?
fozzy22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My Birmingham offer is CCC, but have just received at unconditional for RWCMD
Nightfire1964
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Congrats on the unconditional
zozomatthews
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My Birmingham offer is CCC, but have just received at unconditional for RWCMD
aw congrats!
Whos-Beth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I also applied for Stage Management (BA) at Birmingham, Central, Guildhall, and Mountview. I received both unconditionals for Birmingham and Mountview, still haven't heard back from Central (it's been a month now and they said they would get back to everyone, whether it was a rejection or an offer, within a week so idk what that's all about, but honestly I wasn't super impressed with it compared to the others). I ended up withdrawing my Guildhall application because my interview is/was going to be delayed due to the school closing down because coronavirus and my Mountview offer expired before the reschedule. I've decided to accept Mountview because it was a joint first choice with Guildhall (I was actually waiting for the Guildhall to officially decide but I've always leant towards Mountview anyways) so if anyone else is also going to Mountview (FdA or BA) then let me know because it would be cool to see who else is going and I haven't yet found anyone else
leasophie99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Whos-Beth)
Hey! I also applied for Stage Management (BA) at Birmingham, Central, Guildhall, and Mountview. I received both unconditionals for Birmingham and Mountview, still haven't heard back from Central (it's been a month now and they said they would get back to everyone, whether it was a rejection or an offer, within a week so idk what that's all about, but honestly I wasn't super impressed with it compared to the others). I ended up withdrawing my Guildhall application because my interview is/was going to be delayed due to the school closing down because coronavirus and my Mountview offer expired before the reschedule. I've decided to accept Mountview because it was a joint first choice with Guildhall (I was actually waiting for the Guildhall to officially decide but I've always leant towards Mountview anyways) so if anyone else is also going to Mountview (FdA or BA) then let me know because it would be cool to see who else is going and I haven't yet found anyone else
hi , I`m starting at Mountview too this year. (SM, BA) :-)
Nightfire1964
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well had my interview with royal welsh 2 weeks ago and but now found about unis not allowing to give out certain offers for 2 weeks so I guess no news is good news
efala
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Whos-Beth)
Hey! I'm considering accepting my offer for Lighting (BA) at Mountview. What are you planning to do on accommodation? The website is really unclear about all that I feel!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (305)
34.27%
No (585)
65.73%

Watched Threads