Law004639
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m really struggling with law revision, ivf been using a textbook to make notes and it’s becoming overwhelming! How can I make a shortcut? Revision book? Etc! I’m using flash cards to revise
hijackjj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Summarise your textbook notes. Your revision notes only need to consist of the key points for each area of law. If you don't understand an area or remember what something meant, you can refer back to your textbook notes. I revise by writing my summarised revision notes out from memory. Flashcards for cases are helpful, but they're better used in conjunction with another form of revision so you know how to apply the cases to the area of law.
ajd86uk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Im the complete opposite and most likely to not be a good example. I'll give my 2pence anyway - perhaps theres something you can pick from here.

I don't use flashcards or Quizlet. I summarise all my notes and do the same from every lecturer and workshop i have. I can't multi task whilst in class so i record the class and contribute as much as possible to ensure the learning is well understood. Then summarise the notes after the workshop. As i'm a visual learner, i associate pictures to cases to help me remember them and use them for my consolidated notes which are different from my summarised notes.

The consolidated notes are materials i revise for the exam. It goes from paragraphs of reading to a simple line or sentence. Its all you can expect from a visual learner i.e. flow charts, mnenomics, pictures of cases, arrows, catch phrases and dictation of statute law so i can visually remember. I force myself to either write one page or one slide per topic of classroom subjects. Use the same pictures from the summarised notes.

As i say not a good example and sure there will be others. i have check lists for completing the resources i am given and use textbooks for where im not clear or find the reading very dry. Very thorough because If i don't know something inside and out, i tend to expose myself in the exam. I like to know the subject im writing.

I took shortcuts at the beginning of my Law course and im gutted i didn't put the work in at the beginning. I did alright but not as well as i do now. Remember everyone is different but everyone puts the hard work in. Taking shortcuts should only play to your key strengths.

Good luck,
A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (158)
14.62%
I'm not sure (46)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.6%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.78%
I'm not a current university student (527)
48.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed