The Student Room Group

Braces pain

How do I help relieve braces pain?
Just rest, hun. It'll be severe for around a week and then feel completely normal.
Reply 2
Original post by cheerIeader
Just rest, hun. It'll be severe for around a week and then feel completely normal.

thanks, it's just that the problem is I can't eat anything apart from mashed potatoes :s-smilie:
Original post by rxyaltyx
thanks, it's just that the problem is I can't eat anything apart from mashed potatoes :s-smilie:

Oh, that brings back some dull memories.
Hehe. 😂
Original post by rxyaltyx

Try smoothies, but other than that all you can do it cope till your pain subsides, every time you get your braces adjusted it’ll get gradually quicker for the pain to subside. But by quickly I mean not very quickly.
In those times I have a lot of calorific frozen fruit smoothies and mash sometimes cheesy mash. Oh and couscous too but that was when the pain subsided a little but was still there.
Good luck. I just finished my 2 years of braces and retainers so I can vividly remember the pain of biting down on a bar of chocolate after just getting my braces done and no-one had warned me about the pain and sensitivity and it felt like I had bitten down full force on a brick.
Reply 5
Original post by WhisperWillow
Try smoothies, but other than that all you can do it cope till your pain subsides, every time you get your braces adjusted it’ll get gradually quicker for the pain to subside. But by quickly I mean not very quickly.
In those times I have a lot of calorific frozen fruit smoothies and mash sometimes cheesy mash. Oh and couscous too but that was when the pain subsided a little but was still there.
Good luck. I just finished my 2 years of braces and retainers so I can vividly remember the pain of biting down on a bar of chocolate after just getting my braces done and no-one had warned me about the pain and sensitivity and it felt like I had bitten down full force on a brick.

thanks this helps a lot.
I had braces for three years, serious tooth mess. I had power chains adjustments the lot and felt no pain at all. I ate after a few hours after they were first on. So can't sympathise.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I had braces for three years, serious tooth mess. I had power chains adjustments the lot and felt no pain at all. I ate after a few hours after they were first on. So can't sympathise.

that's really lucky.

Quick Reply

Latest