Report Thread starter 9 months ago
anyone else doing ancient greek?
Advertisement
Lotty Ro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yes, can't seem to find any threads and was looking for literature tips...
Lotty Ro
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What texts are you doing? I'm doing Homer's Iliad book 3 and Herodoctus' The Ethiopians
Advertisement
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Lotty Ro)
What texts are you doing? I'm doing Homer's Iliad book 3 and Herodoctus' The Ethiopians
Since year 7, we've been doing The Iliad, The Odyssey, Medea, The Theban Plays, etc. But right now we are doing The Aeniad.
Lotty Ro
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
Since year 7, we've been doing The Iliad, The Odyssey, Medea, The Theban Plays, etc. But right now we are doing The Aeniad.
Wow, ok, I feel so behind haha. I only started Greek in the middle of y9 since I go to a state school so wasn't able to take it until I joined Saturday classes to learn eek
At least there isn't an exam for me to fail in anymore lol...isn't that...great (cue internal sobbing)
Hope the GCSE goes well for you
Advertisement
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Wow, ok, I feel so behind haha. I only started Greek in the middle of y9 since I go to a state school so wasn't able to take it until I joined Saturday classes to learn eek
At least there isn't an exam for me to fail in anymore lol...isn't that...great (cue internal sobbing)
Hope the GCSE goes well for you
I also go to a state school Latin and Classics is compulsory until you choose your gcse subjects in Year 8, so in Year 9 (when we begin to prepare for gcses) if you have chosen it then you carry on! I didn't choose Latin though, it's too hard . Hope GCSEs goes very well for you too
Lotty Ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I attached a couple of resources I made for the Iliad Book 3 for anyone taking the 2021 exams, that I made for the 2020 exams. The Homer analysis grid, I've split the text up with translations for each section and some analysis points, and the Homer Colour Coded 2 is the text split up with the translation and sections colour coded so individual words or phrases directly correspond.
Just in case it's helpful in the future
Attached files
Advertisement
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I attached a couple of resources I made for the Iliad Book 3 for anyone taking the 2021 exams, that I made for the 2020 exams. The Homer analysis grid, I've split the text up with translations for each section and some analysis points, and the Homer Colour Coded 2 is the text split up with the translation and sections colour coded so individual words or phrases directly correspond.
Just in case it's helpful in the future
Thank you so much, it seems really helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads