Which is the better course at Manchester School of Theatre for stage acting

Watch
anon275
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
It's not really made clear what the difference is between the Drama & Contemporary Performance course and the Acting course, so I want to make sure I'm auditioning for the correct one for me
Last edited by anon275; 8 months ago
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The Drama & Contemporary Performance course is all about creating new theatre. So not just acting but directing, writing, creating.

The Acting course is actor training.
DidYouReally
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anon275)
It's not really made clear what the difference is between the Drama & Contemporary Performance course and the Acting course, so I want to make sure I'm auditioning for the correct one for me
Hi there! I'm currently a first year at the Manchester School of Theatre on the BA Acting course - currently half-way through my second term here. We don't have any contact with the students on the Contemporary Performance course and we don't work with them. Their course focuses on creating performance for a modern audience, creative writing, directing, ect; whereas as the BA Acting course focuses a lot more on acting method and developing your skills purely as an actor.

Hope that helps.
maple1973
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DidYouReally)
Hi there! I'm currently a first year at the Manchester School of Theatre on the BA Acting course - currently half-way through my second term here. We don't have any contact with the students on the Contemporary Performance course and we don't work with them. Their course focuses on creating performance for a modern audience, creative writing, directing, ect; whereas as the BA Acting course focuses a lot more on acting method and developing your skills purely as an actor.

Hope that helps.
Hi ! I was wondering if you know how many people are on the Drama and Contemporary Performer Course compared to the Acting course? Is it way more? Is it way less? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed