Help! I am having large anxiety issues and low self-esteem during my A level.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently at my final year of my a level which are Physics, Math and history. Since November, I feel like I am so weak in my subjects compare to other students and I have trouble revising in my own time. I also started to doubt myself on if I can actually achieve good grades at the end and I started to ask questions to myself such as 'What if I don't pass?' or 'What will happen onward?'. I really love learning new things in physics and I always have participated in more workshop than I have lessons in my whole year but I still have never achieved a decent grade like a B or an A and day by day, I feel like I have not enough time to improve to that level before the real exams. I am also terrified of finding out that the questions I do are very easy compare to the real exam paper.

I have a superb physics teacher which tries to push us harder by giving us very hard questions but it just amplifies my anxiety on if I can do it since I rarely get one correct and all of this cause me to have regularly, panic attacks on my way home. I was able to get offers at some universities, so I have plans for the future, but I am scared of failing and to never get into one of them. My biggest fear is to be unable to carry on doing physics in my life and that I have to do something else and that I will regret it all my life.

I feel like I am drowning in my anxiety and my panic attacks just amplifies every day. My parents or my teachers are not informed about my mental state and I don't know if I should tell them.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
hi,

you have to remember that your mental/physical health is so much more important than your grades and if you need help reach out to your teachers/parents, even email/message them if you are struggling to tell them face to face

hope this helps x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi,

you have to remember that your mental/physical health is so much more important than your grades and if you need help reach out to your teachers/parents, even email/message them if you are struggling to tell them face to face

hope this helps x
Thank you! I will try to inform them and think more positive of myself.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you! I will try to inform them and think more positive of myself.
good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (52)
60.47%
No (34)
39.53%

Watched Threads