Study2212
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have 16 poems to learn and 25 inspector calls and 25 Macbeth quotes w/analysis to memorise. 20 topics for each science and 20 topics for each history book. i have 4. meaning (80 history topics all together) and 10 anthologies for english language. can anyone suggest how i can split these up and memorise them and fit in past papers. i'm starting to get insanely stressed. do i even have enough time?

thank you,
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
FLASHCARDS THEN TEST YOURSELF. omg and remember you can just paraphrase it doesn’t need to be the exact words!! As long as it includes the words that you’ll analyse and write about also i really really really do relate!! You will do amazing dw!!
Study2212
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
FLASHCARDS THEN TEST YOURSELF. omg and remember you can just paraphrase it doesn’t need to be the exact words!! As long as it includes the words that you’ll analyse and write about also i really really really do relate!! You will do amazing dw!!
I'm forcing myself to finish all my flashcards this week. And finally someone who relates!! whenever i trying talking to someone about it they either think i'm lying and that ive got my sh*t together or they call me unorganised. when shall i start to doing past papers??!!!
BBambiS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Past papers will help immensely especially for science as the same/similar questions come up every year, but they're just worded differently sometimes not at all. They're basically the specification in themselves and you'll end up learning the answers and seeing patterns within the papers.

Which exam boards??
Last edited by BBambiS; 1 month ago
Study2212
Rep:
?
(Original post by BBambiS)
Past papers will help immensely especially for science as the same/similar questions come up every year, but they're just worded differently sometimes not at all. They're basically the specification in themselves and you'll end up learning the answers and seeing patterns within the papers.

Which exam boards??
I agree! but shouldnt i learn the content first? and how do suggest i go about this, like how many topics shall i do a day etc
and im doing Edexcel IGCSE
BBambiS
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMGGGGG I did Edexcel igcse I've already done two of my science exams (physics+maths) and I'm doing the rest in may/June I can help you out with science..
Have you heard of save my exams??
Study2212
Rep:
?
OMGGGGG I did Edexcel igcse I've already done two of my science exams (physics+maths) and I'm doing the rest in may/June I can help you out with science..
Have you heard of save my exams??
OMG YESS i love their notes and exam questions!! when did you do your exams? and what did you get?!
BBambiS
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did my first exam on the 8th of January and my last exam on the 16th.
I've not got my results yet I get them in like two weeks.

But literally when I realised save my exams did revision notes I just used them to revise and ticked off each part of the specification but i was starting to run out of time so i just scrapped going through the notes and just did the past papers and if I didn't know the answer I just copied down there model answers (soo helpful) and rewrite it a couple of times and it would stick. Literally that website saved my life.

Oh and that YouTuber science with hazel she's really good especially for last minute cramming to make sure you know everything, better to watch her on a faster speed though..

But honestly don't stress too much you'll be fine I was stressing soo much and when I was in the exam I was like wtf its not even as hard as I thought.

The annoying thing is you spend so much time revising like the main parts that you think are going to come up and then they don't even show up on the stupid exams:mad::mad:
Last edited by BBambiS; 1 month ago
Study2212
Rep:
?
I did my first exam on the 8th of January and my last exam on the 16th.
I've not got my results yet I get them in like two weeks.

But literally when I realised save my exams did revision notes I just used them to revise and ticked off each part of the specification but i was starting to run out of time so i just scrapped going through the notes and just did the past papers and if I didn't know the answer I just copied down there model answers (soo helpful) and rewrite it a couple of times and it would stick. Literally that website saved my life.

Oh and that YouTuber science with hazel she's really good especially for last minute cramming to make sure you know everything, better to watch her on a faster speed though..

But honestly don't stress too much you'll be fine I was stressing soo much and when I was in the exam I was like wtf its not even as hard as I thought.

The annoying thing is you spend so much time revising like the main parts that you think are going to come up and then they don't even show up on the stupid exams:mad::mad:
I'm sure you'll do great!! When did you start revising? and what other igcse edexcel subjects are you doing?
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha exactly like me! Everybody thought I was so organised on the outside and that I was coping well with everything when in fact I kept everything inside and was the most unorganised beast on the planet and they wouldn’t believe me when I told them. Ah past papers. I’d Write down the themes and characters from each story and look at what kind of questions have come up in the past and just check them off the list. But this is being organised I’m not gonna lie I did not do this but I wish I did. I just did lots of questions randomly and hoped for the best
P.s my teachers weren’t great and English lit was my hated subject but please REMEMBER to never ever ever ever give up!! I wish I could tell this to myself tenfold back then. You shalt make it good luck!!
BBambiS
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Study2212)
I'm sure you'll do great!! When did you start revising? and what other igcse edexcel subjects are you doing?
Thank you I didn't start revising seriously until about end of October. I did revise prior to that but it was a bit hit and miss like some days I do loads and then I wouldn't do anything for like 3 days because I just wasn't interested tbh. But you've got a lot more subjects to revise for so I wouldn't waste anymore time.
Chemistry is my only other Edexcel igcse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (96)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my education (100)
16.03%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (58)
9.29%
Isolating with family (42)
6.73%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (26)
4.17%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (52)
8.33%
Loneliness (65)
10.42%
Financial worries (26)
4.17%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (58)
9.29%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (59)
9.46%

Watched Threads