Arsal Khawaja
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it too late to start revising again properly now? revised hard for mocks and got a D because I didn't put the keywords the mark scheme wanted even though my answer was sort of correct. Aiming for A/B and thinking right now its too late because we still have so much to cover as well
clueIxss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I started revising for A-Levels around this time, but it helped doing some decent revision for mocks before (which I imagine you did or tried to do). I did Biology, and I completely understand what you mean about the key words. What I would do alongside your revision is really study some mark schemes so you know the key words they expect you to know for each topic. Try going through a bunch of past papers, look at common questions (they often do similar or slightly changed questions year on year) and just questions on certain topics in general, and collect the key words you get the marks for. Try making a key words list for each topic and/or super common questions. Good luck!
Last edited by clueIxss; 1 year ago
Arsal Khawaja
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by clueIxss)
I started revising for A-Levels around this time, but it helped doing some decent revision for mocks before (which I imagine you did or tried to do). I did Biology, and I completely understand what you mean about the key words. What I would do alongside your revision is really study some mark schemes so you know the key words they expect you to know for each topic. Try going through a bunch of past papers, look at common questions (they often do similar or slightly changed questions year on year) and just questions on certain topics in general, and collect the key words you get the marks for. Try making a key words list for each topic and/or super common questions. Good luck!
will do and thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (44)
41.12%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
19.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.61%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
8.41%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.41%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
6.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
10.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise