The Student Room Group

Journalism Trainee Scheme - London, Salford or Cardiff 2020

Anyone has applied for this trainee scheme and has received video interview online?I want to share experience with potential candidates.
Original post by zeeshan40
Anyone has applied for this trainee scheme and has received video interview online?I want to share experience with potential candidates.

This would be great if anyone had any!
Reply 2
did you apply?
Original post by zeeshan40
did you apply?

I did last year and failed. I'm looking to try again this year.
Reply 4
do you want to share the experience or do preparation together, are you applying in London?
I applied on Friday and received the video interview invitation today! Anyone else got the video interview? ☺️
Reply 6
I have received the video interview.
I sent mine in... it is what it is haha
Hi, out of curiosity, what is the question asked in the video interview?
Original post by atyourservice
Hi, out of curiosity, what is the question asked in the video interview?

There is only 1 question and you have 60 seconds to answer, not sure if I can share what the question is 😅 but! Don't worry, you can record the video as many times as you like before you send it in ☺️
At what point did you fail? How many interview stages are there?
Reply 11
Hi, I have also applied for the scheme this year. I have a question for people who have already completed the interview :smile: Do we have a limited amount of time to submit our answer after seeing the question?
Rejected after the interview stage :frown:
Reply 13
Did anyone get to the following stage? I have just got to the next one and they are asking three questions.
Reply 14
Original post by atyourservice
Rejected after the interview stage :frown:

Hope you're doing alright. There are few schemes still yet to open for this year. You should give them a try as well :smile:
Original post by Blaexz
Hope you're doing alright. There are few schemes still yet to open for this year. You should give them a try as well :smile:

What schemes are still open? I can't find any others :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by indialily
What schemes are still open? I can't find any others :frown:

Here's the Production Scheme, https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes-and-apprenticeships/production/pts

and keep an eye on the Communication Scheme, it will open sometime soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes-and-apprenticeships/business-support/communications-trainee

:smile::smile:

Oh I thought you meant you'd found other trainee journalism schemes, I looked into both those and they didn't seem right for me :/ thanks anyway though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending