samc00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’m currently picking my 5th year (higher) subjects. I want to study International Relations or History & Politics at uni. I need to take a crash higher but the subjects I am picking for higher (English, History, Modern Studies, Spanish) are already quite heavy subjects so I was wondering if crash higher geography would be too much? If so, is crash Higher RMPS a good option???
elssssssssa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by samc00)
I’m currently picking my 5th year (higher) subjects. I want to study International Relations or History & Politics at uni. I need to take a crash higher but the subjects I am picking for higher (English, History, Modern Studies, Spanish) are already quite heavy subjects so I was wondering if crash higher geography would be too much? If so, is crash Higher RMPS a good option???
This is a very biased opinion because I am studying Philosophy at Uni next year but RMPS is great and it is not easy per se but if you have more of a humanities brain then I would say go for RMPS.

When it comes to your future subjects, Geography will not be as much use but in saying that, Universities are no going to care which you have taken when it comes to your UCAS form, regardless of the Uni.

This has probs not been much help as it is hard for me to say as I haven't taken Geography!
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I haven't done either, but each higher should be roughly the same amount of work- obviously it depends what the person finds easier/needs to focus more time on though...Either is totally fine for you to do, and I know that RMPS is quite a common one for people to crash (I suspect you'd need to do a little reading of the Nat 5 content for Higher Geography) - I'd recommend choosing the one you think you'd enjoy more
mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Higher RMPS really isn’t too dissimilar to the Nat 5 course apart from learning the techniques to answer the exam questions and the command words. I’d recommend it but I have done nat 5 so I naturally wouldn’t find it as bad but the people in my class are doing good
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'd highly recommend doing Higher RMPS. It's an extremely easy and interesting subject! I crashed it when I was in S6 and absolutely adored it. It'll be good to have something that's not too stressful like RMPS while you're doing your other subjects.

As an aside, I did the same Highers as you did too! Hope you enjoy Spanish. It's a blast. :rambo:
Laurenfraserr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Do higher geography
samc00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
I'd highly recommend doing Higher RMPS. It's an extremely easy and interesting subject! I crashed it when I was in S6 and absolutely adored it. It'll be good to have something that's not too stressful like RMPS while you're doing your other subjects.

As an aside, I did the same Highers as you did too! Hope you enjoy Spanish. It's a blast. :rambo:
Yeh I’ve decided to take RMPS cos my other subjects are quite heavy so i think that will be better. And cool! Can I ask if u applied to uni with your highers? If so, were unis generally okay with the highers you had because my guidance teacher said I have too many social subjects and unis might be hesitant to accept me if 3/5 highers are social subjects?
mary388
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeh I’ve decided to take RMPS cos my other subjects are quite heavy so i think that will be better. And cool! Can I ask if u applied to uni with your highers? If so, were unis generally okay with the highers you had because my guidance teacher said I have too many social subjects and unis might be hesitant to accept me if 3/5 highers are social subjects?
I’d also be interested to know, 2 of my 5 in S5 currently are social subjects technically.
elssssssssa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have an unconditional to St Andrews for Philosophy and last year I did Drama, English, German and RMPS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.59%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (824)
42.39%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.55%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads