Tiredaf777
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m doing my GCSE’s in May/June 2020 and I was wondering whether I could use past papers of the old specification to revise for bio, chem and physics because for the new specification there’s only the 2018 paper out. Could I still use the old specification past papers?
Granolakiddo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i mean you could, its still practise but like be wary some questions will be different on new spec but, its about doing as many papers right.
BBambiS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You definitely can, it doesn't matter whether you do the old spec or new spec papers because the questions are more or less the same every year some will just be worded differently and others wont be at all. I did this for my exams and honestly it was probably the only part of my revision that was actually helpful. I took my exams in January and there were similar questions that I had seen on the old spec papers from like 2012 so I knew what to put straight away.

Save my exams is really useful for past papers because they give you model answers which is so much better than using the mark scheme because if you don't know the answer to something you can just learn their answer and you're good to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads