Learner96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have a 5-minite micro-teach lesson to present at an interview for PGCE. It can be any topic in history, however I'm struggling. Anything I think of ends up being too complex. I have had a few different ideas, timed it and gone way over! Does anyone have any advice or ideas?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Maybe make it really really specific. Like your topic could be Germany then you make it more specific and focus on Hitler’s rise to power and then you could focus on how it affected the culture in Germany. It doesn’t have to be this topic or exactly the same like this and I’m not really qualified to give you advice but maybe it can help with your timing issues?
Last edited by PetitePanda; 10 months ago
Learner96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Maybe make it really really specific. Like your topic could be Germany then you make it more specific and focus on Hitler’s rise to power and then you could focus on how it affected the culture in Germany. It doesn’t have to be this topic or exactly the same like this and I’m not really qualified to give you advice but maybe it can help with your timing issues?
Thank you. Yes I'm thinking I just need to keep going deeper into topics until I find something quick and easy. Perhaps even choosing a significant figure and asking people to make a profile on them or fill in missing words as we go along! 5 minutes really isn't enough time to show how I would teach..
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Learner96)
Thank you. Yes I'm thinking I just need to keep going deeper into topics until I find something quick and easy. Perhaps even choosing a significant figure and asking people to make a profile on them or fill in missing words as we go along! 5 minutes really isn't enough time to show how I would teach..
They aren't testing your teaching ability - that's what the course will do. They will look for how you grab and maintain their interest - pick some event or person you find interesting.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Learner96)
Oooo that's a good way of getting them involved and maybe interested in the event. It's really not enough time but you cam do it - Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (384)
56.72%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.28%

Watched Threads