Chu01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a student from Hong Kong, holding British citizens passport but have lived in UK boarding house for three years. Since I do not meet the home fee status, I have to pay international fee. I am thinking of doing medicine but it is quite expensive and it takes six years. I think my A levels result will not be a problem to getting into medicine as my teachers predicted me to get 2A* and 2As . So do you think I should do medicine or not?
daisySimpson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chu01)
I am a student from Hong Kong, holding British citizens passport but have lived in UK boarding house for three years. Since I do not meet the home fee status, I have to pay international fee. I am thinking of doing medicine but it is quite expensive and it takes six years. I think my A levels result will not be a problem to getting into medicine as my teachers predicted me to get 2A* and 2As . So do you think I should do medicine or not?
Yes, of course, you should do medicine,
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chu01)
Do you have any interest in being a doctor?
Chu01
Rep:
?
Yes but the problem is the fee for an international student is too expensive. I think my dad can not afford that
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Ah don’t worry! That’s why you can get student loans!! Your dad doesn’t need to pay at all. Once you start working yearly a bit of money will be taken from what you earn so it won’t negatively impact you at all!! Also led school is 5 years
Most med schools have a mandatory iBSc so it totals at 6 years :/
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by arigziegler)
Most med schools have a mandatory iBSc so it totals at 6 years :/
Ah my knowledge isn’t so great but I believe some uni do that however most don’t for example Manchester doesn’t and it’s still 5 years
Chu01
Rep:
?
But isn’t student loans are for home student? I think I am classed as international student, which can be up £45000 per year
Sh_A
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The competition is very tough for medicine so make sure it’s something you definitely want to do since you’ll be committing a lot of energy into entry itself, with no guarantee of getting in, even with solid grades.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chu01)
But isn’t student loans are for home student? I think I am classed as international student, which can be up £45000 per year
Yeh that’s why I removed my previous post. Make certain that you’re an international student plus they won’t make you pay £45000 right away, it’ll be made as debt for when you actually start working as a doctor.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Yeh that’s why I removed my previous post. Make certain that you’re an international student plus they won’t make you pay £45000 right away, it’ll be made as debt for when you actually start working as a doctor.
No, international students are expected to pay their fees as they go along
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads