The Student Room Group

An inpector calls english lit

is it best to answer the heme or character question in English literature paper 2? Aiming for grade 8/9
Reply 1
Answer the one your most strongest in. If you know more or think you can write more or have practiced more a certain theme or character then choose that one.
Original post by KatieBullen14
is it best to answer the heme or character question in English literature paper 2? Aiming for grade 8/9

Original post by epicnm
Answer the one your most strongest in. If you know more or think you can write more or have practiced more a certain theme or character then choose that one.

hi :smile: thanks, because in class we've always done character but a lot of videos etc say theme is better for higher marks
Reply 3
personally I think themes because then you are free to talk about more characters.
Reply 4
It really doesn't matter in terms of if one's 'harder' than the other or anything, they're worth the same marks! It's personal preference; whichever one you think you can answer better in the exam. My twin sister and I sat Inspector Calls last year; she did theme, I did the character, and we got the same grade. Go with what you're more confident in. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest