The Student Room Group

LSHTM master health data science

Hi, anyone know how is the new health data science master at LSHTM
, or is there any better similar programs?(UCL, Manchester?)
Reply 1
Original post by qqq6301
Hi, anyone know how is the new health data science master at LSHTM
, or is there any better similar programs?(UCL, Manchester?)

Hi, I’ve been considering this too, but didn’t attend the open day. Can I ask if you have any programming experience?
Reply 2
Original post by dnalf
Hi, I’ve been considering this too, but didn’t attend the open day. Can I ask if you have any programming experience?

Hi, glad to see you also interested.
Yes, I do have experince in programming, undergradute is computing related degree.
Reply 3
Hi guys, I have applied for this programme as my second option at LSHTM. UCL has a similar programme.
Original post by Ryan_Ch
Hi guys, I have applied for this programme as my second option at LSHTM. UCL has a similar programme.

What undergrad degree did you do and what sections did you have in your personal statement?
Applied for this course about 3 weeks ago and was just wondering how competitive it might be?
Original post by plushyjames
Applied for this course about 3 weeks ago and was just wondering how competitive it might be?

Depends, what's your background?
Original post by Littleonezz
Depends, what's your background?

2.1 maths degree at a RG, experience with R, experience with ML and application to biomedical data (DNA extraction, disease screening, tumour classification etc.)
Original post by plushyjames
2.1 maths degree at a RG, experience with R, experience with ML and application to biomedical data (DNA extraction, disease screening, tumour classification etc.)

You should be good, they only have 20 places on the course so it might be a bit competitive. But your background is ideal
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest